Simon Cowell last night on "Britain's Got More Talent"

Stuart

Proud Member
After the final of "Britain's Got Talent" last night, on the spin-off "Britain's Got More Talent", Simon Cowell said of the winners "Diversity":

"You know, I could see them open for Michael Jackson"

So, do you think this could happen?

Below is Diversity's winning performance from last night:

I saw that :D
I'm not sure they will
but man I love it when people say MJs name on TV :D
I was like *GASP*

I love them!! Nice of Simon to say it but can't really see it happening.

There has been a LOT of Michael influence in this years series. I was rooting for Diversity though still havent watched the final so catching the repeat. Im sure they'd love to open for Michael but I cant see it happening either. They probs have to rehearse for the BGT tour that follows the shows anyway.

can cowell not talk for 2 minutes without using mjs name for attention.

It would be great if Diversity did an opening act. They do represent what MJ is about, and that is diversity.

This would also be better for MJ than him appearing on these talent shows.

It would mean the world to these guys, opening for MJ perhaps more than what has been mentioned about them opening for the Queen. They know the Queen may not be into their kind of music, but just to have that "opening for MJ", would be fantastic for them.

The problem is when fans are off-putting of anything that is not MJ. There are things that are worthwhile. MJ cannot be an island and only do his own thing. The best thing as an entertainer is to let new talent use your stage, because that talent will never forget.

If Diana Ross was offputting and told Berry Gordy that she has no time for some kids from Gary being her opening act, then the Jackson5 would never have got that chance to perform for the first time before that audience introduced by Diana Ross.

Now MJ always talks about how Diana Ross introduced them, he's a megastar.

There are many artists who have had their first short by being an opening act, Jackson5 on many occassions were opening acts.
Many comedians start out that way as opening acts.

So don't be dismissive of Diversity having that chance. Having watched their video, i really belive that guy who choreographs them could have a great future as a choreographer. I too at some point thought MJ should include him into his choreography team.

You cannot shun such talent.

It would be great if Diversity did an opening act. They do represent what MJ is about, and that is diversity.

It would mean the world to these guys, opening for MJ perhaps more than what has been mentioned about them opening for the Queen. They know the Queen may not be into their kind of music, but just to have that "opening for MJ", would be fantastic for them.

The problem is when fans are off-putting of anything that is not MJ. There are things that are worthwhile. MJ cannot be an island and only do his own thing. The best thing as an entertainer is to let new talent use your stage, because that talent will never forget.

If Diana Ross was offputting and told Berry Gordy that she has no time for some kids from Gary being her opening act, then the Jackson5 would never have got that chance to perform for the first time before that audience introduced by Diana Ross.

There are many artists who have had their first short by being an opening act, Jackson5 on many occassions were opening acts.

So don't be dismissive of Diversity having that chance. Having watched their video, i really belive that guy who choreographs them could have a great future as a choreographer. I too at some point thought MJ should include him into his choreography team.

Well said.

can cowell not talk for 2 minutes without using mjs name for attention.

yea.. i think he is desperate to get michael on the show, and somehow get in contact with him to do business. he's been mentioning michael ever since the pressconference...

No disrespect but it was Gladys Knight really introduced the J5 not Diana, I know there is a diana ross album of that name but it was not actually factual, Berry and his team thought Diana was a better Vehicle and put out the album.

Back