Siedah Garrett on Michael

CinnamonGirl

Proud Member
She just posted this on facebook. It's pretty funny :)

282065_2310838495046_1371894690_2589560_8027572_n.jpg

Michael once showed up to rehearsal wearing a pair of mismatched sox. When I asked him about it, he explained that he got dressed in a rush. The next day at rehearsal, he made a point to show me his sox. Excitedly pointing to his feet, he said, "Look, Sid." I looked down responding, "Yeah, Michael, they match each other, but they don't match with nothin' else you've got on!"

https://www.facebook.com/siedah.garrett?__user=1607446522

id love to hear more memories from her.

She posted these messages some time ago ^_^

283201_2295894601458_1371894690_2570931_1796970_n.jpg

MEMORIES OF MJ: Michael had a childlike sense-of-humor. While in the studio recording our duet "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", he began tossing popcorn in my face in an effort to make me mess-up. Producer Quincy Jones, not seeing this, began to chastise me for flubbing the takes. Michael, on the other hand, was just CRACKING UP! Love you MJ.

224471_2308329272317_1371894690_2586212_2548723_n.jpg

MEMORIES OF MJ: After Michael approved the song demo of "Man In The Mirror", Quincy asked me to come to the studio to record a new guide vocal in a lower key. Michael came in and personally videotaped the entire session. Totally surreal! But, can you imagine what other rare footage is stored in his vaults?

I wanted to send a request to her on FB, but received this strict message that I should only send a request if I know her and if I don't it will be considered spam. so I am kind of scared now. does she add people who she doesn't know personally?

^ well, she has few thousands of friends. I don't think she knows all of them personally. So, I think you can surely invite :)

She posted these messages some time ago ^_^

283201_2295894601458_1371894690_2570931_1796970_n.jpg

MEMORIES OF MJ: Michael had a childlike sense-of-humor. While in the studio recording our duet "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", he began tossing popcorn in my face in an effort to make me mess-up. Producer Quincy Jones, not seeing this, began to chastise me for flubbing the takes. Michael, on the other hand, was just CRACKING UP! Love you MJ.

:lol:

Soooooooooooooo cute. :wub:

haha! Love Siedah

EDIT: Actually...which account is the real Siedah? I can see one with a picture of her face from recent times and the other account is of a picture of her with Michael.

Last edited:
I think ot cute the way he called her sid :wub:

I love it when people share precious memories about Michael. Bless her :love:
Michael is as gorgeous in those stories as always. Tanks for sharing :)

205910_2345182073614_1371894690_2634974_5091069_n.jpg

MEMORIES OF MJ: We were in Romania on the "Dangerous World Tour." At one point in the show, all of the music would stop, and everyone on stage would freeze. One night I froze bent at the hip with my bottom in the air. Next thing I knew, MJ stood behind me and gave me one good spank on the bottom. I popped up like a jack-in-the-box! He knew I wasn't expecting that. The look of shock on my face was priceless as he giggled and danced away. The next time I saw him, he asked me how I felt about it. My response? "Why didn't you use BOTH hands?!" LOL!

301513_2331565853217_1371894690_2618865_1928970_n.jpg

MEMORIES OF MJ: While in the studio recording a guide vocal of "Man In The Mirror", MJ was videotaping my performance. When I asked him why, he remarked, "because I love your energy and the way you sing it, and I want to sing it just like you." I said, "Yeah, right, Mike, my friends are actually gonna believe me when I tell them that Michael Jackson said HE wants to sing like ME."

:)

MEMORIES OF MJ: We were in Romania on the "Dangerous World Tour." At one point in the show, all of the music would stop, and everyone on stage would freeze. One night I froze bent at the hip with my bottom in the air. Next thing I knew, MJ stood behind me and gave me one good spank on the bottom. I popped up like a jack-in-the-box! He knew I wasn't expecting that. The look of shock on my face was priceless as he giggled and danced away. The next time I saw him, he asked me how I felt about it. My response? "Why didn't you use BOTH hands?!" LOL!

:shifty:

Both hands--they both had a good sense of humor. I would like to taste both of Michael's hands too.

301513_2331565853217_1371894690_2618865_1928970_n.jpg

MEMORIES OF MJ: While in the studio recording a guide vocal of "Man In The Mirror", MJ was videotaping my performance. When I asked him why, he remarked, "because I love your energy and the way you sing it, and I want to sing it just like you." I said, "Yeah, right, Mike, my friends are actually gonna believe me when I tell them that Michael Jackson said HE wants to sing like ME."

Ass man :shifty:

:shifty: :shifty:

Here's another one :)

MEMORIES OF MJ: I was always moved by the fact that Michael, in spite of all of his fame and success, continued to maintain a humble spirit and demeanor. Whenever we were in the studio together, he always made me feel that he could learn as much from me as I could learn from him.

Siedah said:
MJ stood behind me and gave me one good spank on the bottom. I popped up like a jack-in-the-box!
Actually Siedah, he gave you three good spanks (or a good spanking if you will), and you didn't pop up. ;)

^^Maybe the first time he did it she popped up and the other times she did not. Did you see the first time he did it?

Here's another one :)

MEMORIES OF MJ: I was always moved by the fact that Michael, in spite of all of his fame and success, continued to maintain a humble spirit and demeanor. Whenever we were in the studio together, he always made me feel that he could learn as much from me as I could learn from him.

That's one reason Michael was special. Never full of himself and wanted to learn from others. He was one of the most famous people in the world and yet still was humble and kind.

MEMORIES OF MJ: On this very special day, the day our Michael made his appearance on this earth, we all celebrate his genius and the joy he brought to our lives. I was blessed to be in his presence. In honor of his birthday, I'd like to share with you the lyrics of first verse and chorus of the song I've recently recorded as my answer to our duet "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", dedicated to MJ.

KEEP ON LOVIN' YOU
I know I was nervous
If you were feeling nervous too
I didn't have a clue
But you were the real thing
And I found it so refreshing you
Turned out to be so cool
I remember like yesterday
All the things you taught me
All the things you used to say
I loved you then, and I love you still
I guess I always have and always will
For the rest of my life
Everything else may change, but
No matter what I do
I'm gonna keep on loving' you
For the rest of my life
I'll smile when I hear your name, and
No matter what I do
I'm gonna keep on loving' you
For the rest of my life
(Copyright 2011 Siedah Garrett/Dapo Torimiro)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHAEL!

We're gonna keep on loving' you too, Mike :huggy: for the rest of our lives...:cry:

Last edited:
Back