Shout - Who else sings on this track?

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
Who's the female vocalist in this track? Her name isnt in the credits and I cant find any info anywhere. Can any of you people help me please? Janet's name has been thrown around but I dont think its here personally.

not sure but a Carmen Lampson is credited as a writer there.

haha well she has great taste in music. and it says on there she's a producer, writer and singer so it could well be her.

We may have found the answer arXter after 7 years of looking!!

oh is it that big a deal? i didn't even know there was a female singer on there haha

oh is it that big a deal? i didn't even know there was a female singer on there haha

I know a lot of fans who have asked over the years wondering who the female singer is on Shout. @ 2:28 is when the female singer sings/raps the same lyrics that MJ is singing.

ahh i haven't listened to it in.. 7 years LOL

if you haven't done so, you should get in contact with her and ask about MJ.. should be interesting - i've done it to some 'unknown' connections through MySpace just to get some info on process of writing/remixing/producing/contributing in any way to Mike's stuff...

icon14.gif

ahh i haven't listened to it in.. 7 years LOL

if you haven't done so, you should get in contact with her and ask about MJ.. should be interesting - i've done it to some 'unknown' connections through MySpace just to get some info on process of writing/remixing/producing/contributing in any way to Mike's stuff...

icon14.gif

No tish! Thats a great idea. I'll do that soon. Thanx

Who's the female vocalist in this track? Her name isnt in the credits and I cant find any info anywhere. Can any of you people help me please? Janet's name has been thrown around but I dont think its here personally.

I just listened to it twice but I don't hear a female. I just hear Michael singing with a higher voice....:mello:

^^ Well listen to the last verse @ 2:28. Thats where she sings. In fact it might be in one channel. Someone singled her vocals out one time trying to determine if it was Janet like everyone speculated. It wasnt Janet.

Anyway I will email this Carmen Lampson today and see what she says.

Last edited:
There's 100% NO(!) female singer in the song ;)

^Yeah, I thought it was just a harmony done by Michael in a slightly different voice. At the end of the verse (last sentence), you can hear the voice slightly changes, and sounds a bit more like Michael... I mean the voice is complete monotone except for the last sentence. It sounds like Michael doing a harmony to me.

BTW, it is on one channel. I don't know how to single it out though.

Carmen Lampson is credited as a writer on the track, but the Cry single doesn't have any more info on the track aside from the copyright stuff, so I guess it's hard to know for sure.

having listened to it again since a while ago, i can hear different vocals to those of Michael's.

i've filtered out that particular space:

http://www.box.net/shared/tdlqzf99co

the monotonic singing sounds different to Michael's vocals, both in pitch and formant. Korgnex i don't know how you can be so sure unless you have reliable third party info.

^ Interesting- thanks for posting. :yes: It's definitely a different pitch, and that does sound like a different voice. I guess it's impossible to know who that is without the song credits!

^ Interesting- thanks for posting. :yes: It's definitely a different pitch, and that does sound like a different voice. I guess it's impossible to know who that is without the song credits!

Im waiting for a response form Carmen Lampson to find out anymore info.

I am curious to know if there is a female voice on MJ's version of this song because I don't hear one.
The chorus also reminds me of the Isley Brothers original version "Shout" 1959
I love MJ's version

A brief history on the song " Wanna Shout"

http://popdirt.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=11840
"Backstreet Boys fansite DLSOnline.net has unveiled a clip of an exclusive Nick Carter track the site has come upon. The Carter track is a song called 'Wanna Shout' that was produced by former Blackstreet member Teddy Riley. Riley offered Michael Jackson the song for his album 'Invincible.' Since Michael didn't use the song, Riley offered it to Nick. Nick is using the song as a bonus track on certain copies of "Now or Never" and also as a B-side on certain singles. I'm not sure if this new version is a remix of an old Michael song (perhaps 'Scream') or if it actually features new vocals by Michael himself. Anyway, the lyrics on the song are very deep, dealing with drugs, poverty, war, etc. You could say that Nick is sort of rapping on the track instead of singing. DLS has an audio and video clip of the 'Wanna Shout' preview and will release the full version soon. The clips have since been removed."
Nick Carter's version
http://www.imeem.com/versimpol/music/VM9WYM8Y/nick_carter_wanna_shout/

http://www.mjtunes.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=190#

Michael Jackson - Shout
Written by Michael with Edward Riley, Claues Forbes, Roy Hamilton, Samuel Hoskins and Carmen Lampson, song originally scheduled to feature on Michael's Invincible album in 2001, before it was replaced by You Are My Life.

It was included on the B-side of Cry, released in December 2001 in the UK (no USA release), and listed ahead of Cry and Streetwalker on the 12" single.

Version reportedly recorded by Backstreet boy, Nick Carter, for his
debut solo album NOW OR NEVER in 2002, but failed to make the
final selection. Bootleg versions of the Backstreet Boys performing the
song in concert have appeared on the internet.

MJ's version

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Po7CAY8wyvA

I am curious to know if there is a female voice on MJ's version of this song because I don't hear one.

This is a sample from just the section where the female vocalist is singing in one channel and Michael is singing in the other channel. I also have slighlty lowered the music so the vocal stand out a little more.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4otc02

. I'm not sure if this new version is a remix of an old Michael song (perhaps 'Scream') or if it actually features new vocals by Michael himself.

Michael's vocals have been removed from Nick's version. Dont know why Scream was mentioned as it has nothing to do with this song.

Last edited:
Yeah it just sounds like MJ's voice is just overdubbed I think u call it !! Doesnt sound like anyone else but MJ imo !!

Back