should michael...(album idea)

el padrino

Proud Member
I was thinking after reading the ted riley interview from KOPV, should michael perhaps, involved with so many musicians and producers and such, perhaps make a double of triple cd?

And then like, specify each cd into a specific music style? say cd 1: danceable tunes with artists like akon/chris brown/timbaland/will.i.am. etc etc.. cd 2: hard rock tunes (with slash, metallica..artists like that) and cd3: some experimental stuff? (like really..never used/thought up/worked out things by michael as a duet with bjork, something irish/folk, some bagpipes...panflutes...maybe even some electronic things as the pet shop boys produced.)

Also, a 4th cd could contain michael as a rap artist..I am sure that despite the dissing in the past, eminem and dr. dre could help him up on that part?

Let me know what u think of it all, and KOPV..if u are so close to the man that has to do it all (michael) please influence him..:) (that would be fantastic)

that would be a dream come true but its not gonna happen

and a 6th one where he can make random fart noises :wild:

I'd buy it!!!

The Idea is of course great, but unrealistic! It will never ever happen. Not while he lives anyway.
A duet CD would be fantastic.

i think the idea is too eratic and i think a single disc album is the ONLY option.

trying to get cute when ur in MJs position will only screw u over. he needs 12 good songs and thats all.

An album with 10 tracks written, arranged and produced by MJ would be far enough for me.
That's what I want: raw MJ cuts !

That isn't a good idea, as a single CD has trouble selling today. The country singer Vince Gill released a 4 CD set of new songs called "These Days" not too long ago, don't know how well that fared out. Prince had a 3 CD album called Emancipation in 1995. It sold farely well, but that was a while ago. I believe the last double CD that sold well was the Outkast album "Speakerboxx/Love Below"

A duets cd would be awesome...I would LOVE to see a duet between Mike and Elton John...they have been friends for so long and both great musicians...cant believe they never recorded anything together =/

well... I think I'll stick to waiting for one new album for now... in whatever form he wants to give it. Let's not get greedy here. :lol:

Seems like the ultimate dream. One of which I believe wouldn't happen unfortunately.

Never say never though.. =P

He can release one one cd instead, parts of as a series of a complete volume ! Why don't we make a separate thread with ideas for the new album, promotion ... etc so we may give a little helping hand to our man ??? Please I ask to do it so if someone of his team reads it and we may help !:wild::punk:

it's exactly what I'm hoping for..if we make the idea big of a multiple disc album, or a series of albums..(how about 7 albums, just alike harry potter? :D) and then michael can call the project M.J.S.E.V.E.N, each album having a seperate name, starting with the letter of the series..

Cd 1: Modern dance generation
Cd 2: Juggling symphonies
Cd 3: Sweet silhouettes
Cd 4: Extraordinarities
Cd 5: Victory II
Cd 6: Escape from papparazi
Cd 7: Novelties from Neverland

It's just an example of How I would see it, but I think if worked out well, it could become a great huge project, showing how various Michael is in his music.
Also, I believe it is well possible to do, since michael has recorded endless songs, and many of them have never ever even appeared to us.

it's exactly what i'm hoping for..if we make the idea big of a multiple disc album, or a series of albums..(how about 7 albums, just alike harry potter? :d) and then michael can call the project m.j.s.e.v.e.n, each album having a seperate name, starting with the letter of the series..

Cd 1: Modern dance generation
cd 2: Juggling symphonies
cd 3: Sweet silhouettes
cd 4: Extraordinarities
cd 5: Victory ii
cd 6: Escape from papparazi
cd 7: Novelties from neverland

it's just an example of how i would see it, but i think if worked out well, it could become a great huge project, showing how various michael is in his music.
Also, i believe it is well possible to do, since michael has recorded endless songs, and many of them have never ever even appeared to us.

w...t...f?

hmmm...I think he just needs a classic 12-track album with NO fillers, great melodies and it needs to be just CRAZY good! And I have no doubt that MJ can do it!!! :yes:

Anything is better than nothing, Michael please come on :) :)

What if he did music like William Schatner? Would you buy it then, if he just talked his way through a song? :D

There's a particular sound Mike is going for, and I really think his aim is to not just make great music, but very radio friendly tunes that will be big hits..

He is working with a lot of people.. Probably more than anything to see who got the best stuff to offer.. Most of what he works on for this album, we'll never hear.. As like many of his other albums.

Who knows who he's working with aside from the people mentioned thus far..

I personally would love Mike to have several types of styles on an album.. But it really seems like with the people we know that he has a theme going on, with the TYPE of music. I am guessing the album will be versitile but have a specific feel throughout the whole album.. Like Off The Wall and Thriller..

I would love to hear Mike do some more rockish sounds though, I would love to hear him on a mixture of hip-hop and middle eastern sound, I would like to hear him experiment all over the place...

Which he probably is, but it seems like what will make the final cut of the album will be more detailed around what will the mass audience wants, more so than MJ's personal liking.. Of course he would not put a song he does not like.. But lets say there are 2 songs he cannot chose from. One he kinda likes a little more than the other.. But the lesser liked one would be a smash hit on the radio.. I think he would go with the radio hit..

But, to respond on KOPV, if Michael would indeed do as you describe, and pick the tunes that exactly would be a smash hit, instead of own taste. That would mean money would win over creativity and experiment..and thus...would it become a rather standard nothing special product? :(

Back