Should 'Escape' be included on the new album?

michaeljojacksonfan

Proud Member
I absolutely adore this song i think its one of if not his best unreleased song. Should it be included on the upcoming new album? Your thoughts?

in my opinion it should, i really like it. if they do the album with new songs from 2000 onwards definitely include it

I say no for a few reasons.

1. it leaked like 6 years ago. you don't release a song after people have been downloading it for six years for the same reason Hold my Hand got canned.
2. Were only going to get so many songs on this album and I don't want to waste even one sinlge opening on a song I already heard a million times.

That reminds me I haven't heard this song in years.

^^ that is a good point. and 320kbps is pretty good qual for a leaked song vs the dodgy 192kbps for Hold My Hand

Based on how popular it is among fans..... YES. Most every day people have never heard it, I've asked many people I know and when I play it they like it. I know MJ was upset about it leaking but I think that his emotions overshadowed his judgement some, because it's a really GOOD song!

I sometimes wonder, if down the road, had he lived longer, if he had the opportunity to put it on a special project or new album... if he ever would have. I'd like to think he would have. Otherwise it's like.......... a waste of a great piece of work :(

I say no for a few reasons.

1. it leaked like 6 years ago. you don't release a song after people have been downloading it for six years for the same reason Hold my Hand got canned.
2. Were only going to get so many songs on this album and I don't want to waste even one sinlge opening on a song I already heard a million times.

That reminds me I haven't heard this song in years.
I agree. I'd like to see released on a compilation/boxset of unreleased material though

^^ that is a good point. and 320kbps is pretty good qual for a leaked song vs the dodgy 192kbps for Hold My Hand
Escape was leaked @ 128kbps and for this reason I say yes as I want it in real CDQ.

If we cant share it on the boards, at least release it officially.

Love it and sure it should be released, but don't give Sony any ideas. Like Dancemasterman said they might just release an album with just leaked songs and maybe some songs previously unreleased from the Ultimate Collection. Man that would be annoying if they did that, but I could see them doing it. Anyway Xscape or Escape, however you call it, is an awesome song.

Yes, yes, yes!!!! I just have listened to this song yesterday!!! And it´s so groovy!!! I love it!!!! I wanna see it released!!!! Will this happen??? :unsure:

I love this song. Lyrically, it might be too painful and true. I would like a higher quality version of it though.

Yes it should be released, just like "Hold My Hand" and other gems he's got.

Yes while some MJ fans already have these songs, the average music fan who don't follow MJ as much as we do, have not heard these songs. I'm willing to bet if they heard Xscape/Escape, they would like it....same with Hold My Hand.

I've played "For All Time" to non MJ fans, and they loved it. I told them there's more than just this one, hopefully gonna be released someday.

So yes, Xscape should be released

Back