Should all these songs be coming out ??

mj_insane

Proud Member
I keep feeling guilty about hearing Michael's songs , the unreleased stuff thats now coming to surface .

On the album , and all the others to come , producers and other people are going to be touching the songs , editing and adding and stuff , and to me it just dont seem right .

Michael didnt put these songs out for a reason when he was alive , so why should they come out now that he is gone ...

He was the ULTIMATE perfectionist , and these songs havent been approved to be released from the creator himself ...

I mean , it is nice to hear his voice again , but , it JUST doesnt seem right .

People just seemed bothered about there own needs , hearing his songs and making money , but their not taking into consideration MICHAEL as a person , what HE would of wanted .

What was wrong with what he already gave us for 40 years ?

i think this is the way he lives for ever:)and his music makes people happy and this is what he wanted all his life!

i think this is the way he lives for ever:)and his music makes people happy and this is what he wanted all his life!

yes , ok , but if it is going to be released , it should be the way that HE left it . Shouldnt have no-one touching his art , doesnt matter if it is in demo form , it should be just the way he left it .

I hear what your saying, its like leonardo da vinci does half a painting and then rolf harris comes along and finishes it off.

But then again with MJ's music I'd rather hear what we're hearing now then nothing at all.

But im sure I read or heard somewhere that he had left a load of songs for the benefit of his children, how are the children to benefit from them if they are not released? plus I for one want to hear what else he had been doing and surely when they get round to releasing stuff that didnt make earlier albums those songs will be finished how he wanted them. They just didnt make it on to the album because he always recorded too many and couldnt put them all on. It doesnt mean they were no good, like Im sure he said that Smooth Criminal nearly didnt make it on to the album and that song is brilliant. Just imagine if there are other songs like that just sitting in a vault somewhere waiting to be found!!!!

I keep feeling guilty about hearing Michael's songs , the unreleased stuff thats now coming to surface .

On the album , and all the others to come , producers and other people are going to be touching the songs , editing and adding and stuff , and to me it just dont seem right .

Michael didnt put these songs out for a reason when he was alive , so why should they come out now that he is gone ...

He was the ULTIMATE perfectionist , and these songs havent been approved to be released from the creator himself ...

I mean , it is nice to hear his voice again , but , it JUST doesnt seem right .

People just seemed bothered about there own needs , hearing his songs and making money , but their not taking into consideration MICHAEL as a person , what HE would of wanted .

What was wrong with what he already gave us for 40 years ?

Who are you, will.i.am??? Of course that these songs should be coming out!

I want to hear it all, but I don't think it is fair that they give us "their" version, instead of Michael's. They need to put the original songs on with their finalized versions so we can compare.

I agree I would like to hear the songs as demos or as he left them but that would not appeal to non fans or be radio friendly hence low sales. It would be great if they could do a collectors edition of each new album with a second disc containing the demos or rough cuts they worked from so that fans could choose to pay a bit extra to get them

whoa! I can understand where this person is coming from....I wanna hear the songs too, but it's ok to pause and think 'ok, is this what he really would have wanted?'...we'll never know, but it's ok to ponder ...

Will.I.Am worked with Michael and he knows much more than us what Michael would have probably wanted, that's for sure..so maybe we should stop thinking about what we want all the time and think more about what Michael wanted. And after hearing the Cascio tracks, I agree even more with will.i.am. 3 tracks don't even sound like MJ, the vocals are not good.

yes , ok , but if it is going to be released , it should be the way that HE left it . Shouldnt have no-one touching his art , doesnt matter if it is in demo form , it should be just the way he left it .

I agree. I have to admit, I love the songs. They're all great, but I don't like the way they were touched up by the producers. I understand they tried to do it the way Michael would want and I respect that. But why would they re-do The Way You Love Me? It was already given a proper release by Michael and that's the way he wanted the song. I listened to the new version and it doesn't have a Michael feel to it because we already know how he wanted the song. It doesn't feel like his song, in my opinion. Perhaps he may have liked the new version of the song? I still don't think he'd release it (again) on his new album. It seems random to me that they'd choose that song.

As for the other songs, we don't know exactly how they sounded before they were fixed up. I'm very curious though. On some of the songs you can tell they edited in ad-libs. They don't sound natural and it's a bit tacky.
I don't see the problem with the songs being released. I think some people are taking this way too seriously. I think he'd want us to here them. I mean, he isn't here to give us them anymore.

To me the release of the songs is a "win win" situation, it benefits Michael's children and it brings happiness to the fans. We can't go back in time but at least we can consolidate him as the king.
It would be nice to be able to compare the songs, how Michael left theme and how they were polished up.

Cascio controversy aside, I think it was a great idea for them to release the songs. Fans complained, and rightfully so, about all the repackaged and re-released old stuff we had been getting for the last seven years. So it was a nice change to hear Michael's voice on something brand new for a change. Of course, I don't know if he would have wanted it this way. And sometimes I wonder too. But still, the updated new songs might get someone interested in Michael and his legendary career when they never thought to give him a chance while he was alive.

Back