Sheryl Crow writes about Michael

...Even though she was one of those who turned on him.

smdh at the hypocrisy.

...Even though she was one of those who turned on him.

smdh at the hypocrisy.

She did make some comments I didn't like, but she always respected him professionally and viewed him as genuis.

she dissed him when he was down,If my memory serves me ,I remembered her saying michael didnt know the names of his band members cos he called her by another name and doesnt interact with his bandmates,as if he was one cold person. you know,some of these statements by close associates helped in solidifying the hatred some had for MJ.I dont see any big deal if she recognised him as a genius or not,even some of his most passionate haters says he was a genius.Am really tired of all these hollywood types singing a different tune post june 25.

Despite the fact that I don't trust and don't like Sheryl Crow for dissing Michael, that traitor, but I'm she wrote nice things about Michael.

she dissed him when he was down,If my memory serves me ,I remembered her saying michael didnt know the names of his band members cos he called her by another name and doesnt interact with his bandmates,as if he was one cold person. you know,some of these statements by close associates helped in solidifying the hatred some had for MJ.I dont see any big deal if she recognised him as a genius or not,even some of his most passionate haters says he was a genius.Am really tired of all these hollywood types singing a different tune post june 25.

Funny how he thanks them by name on most of the concert footage...:cheeky:
I don't find hard to believe that he didn't party down with all of them, wonder what the expectations were.

This is what Jennifer Batten said about Sheryl Crow in that interview with Charles Thomson:

The Bad Tour wound up in January 1989 and the group disbanded. In later years Sheryl Crow, a backing singer on the tour, would make several disparaging remarks about Jackson during interviews publicizing her own material. She said he was a diva, never bothering to learn people's names.

Batten refutes this. "I think singers in general are just nuts and ultra-sensitive. One night Michael called Sheryl 'Jennifer'," she giggles, "and I know that pissed her off. But it's like, so what? I mean, you got the biggest gig in the world and it's not like Michael was unaware of who was onstage with him. We were with him for a friggin' year and a half."

Sheryl Crow couldn't wait to write lots of things after Michael passed about how much she loved him, how amazing he was etc. I'm sorry but after what she wrote about him before the whole thing wreaks of hypocrisy like so many people have done. Mock him when he was alive but as soon as he passes people bang on about how much they loved him. Where were they when he needed them? Michael needed more Jennifer's in his life and less Sheryl's.

I have worked with someone for a few years now and she has called me by another name. It wasn't on purpose it happens. It's no big deal. She knows who I am. People who don't like Michael say how talented he was as well. Now I don't care what she thinks. Michael didn't party with his crew but he was busy visiting sick children at hospitals donating money and equipment. Making a child happy for a little while. Maybe she doesn't realize that.

Yeah, she said he didn't socialize with them. I can understand why she would have hoped for more comraderie between them (I would want that too), but I can understand why there wasn't a lot of interaction on MJ's part.

All shyness aside, I think it was easier for MJ to keep things on track if he kept his relationships strictly professional on tours. After all, he was essentially the boss, and sometimes when those lines get cross, problems arise. He'd been in the business for 20 years by the time he worked with Crowe. No one was more attuned to what can happen on a tour.

Also, I think most people who worked closely with him were as charmed by him as any fan and he didn't want to ever send mixed romantic signals. If I worked with him, and he smiled at me, I know I'd be grinning at him every time he glanced my way and hoping for more. So I can understand why those who worked with him, especially women, saw his lack of interaction as being aloof and distant, especially if moments earlier you were singing into each others eyes, and his hand was sliding all over your thighs. Then, when the music stopped, he didn't say two words to you.

I believe when the tour stopped in Sheryl's hometown he threw a birthday party for her. So what was he doing singing happy birthday dear um um um. Oh please Sheryl don't let guilt be your guide you dissed him to make yourself look cool now you feel bad just move on

Sheryl is one big ass hypocrite, I remember her unkind words about him prior to June 25th, so excuse me if I don't care for what she has to say right now.

This fan remembers and all I know is, if you did'nt have something nice to say before about the man, then don't say anything at all now, 'cause that don't impress me much!

She must forget that she sang a duet with him nearly every freakin night on I Just Cant Stop Loving You!

Batten has also mentioned how Michael would take the entire band with him to amusement parks after hours etc.

Yes she is a hypocrite.

I don't understand how people can be like that. Someone asked me don't I want people to say nice things about Michael? Of course but with people like her who kicked him when he was down, I don't want to hear it. Like others have said it feels too late and not genuine to me. As weird as it may sound it doesn't make me happy but angry. He needed support and kind words when he was alive.

Sheryl is one big ass hypocrite, I remember her unkind words about him prior to June 25th, so excuse me if I don't care for what she has to say right now.

This fan remembers and all I know is, if you did'nt have something nice to say before about the man, then don't say anything at all now, 'cause that don't impress me much!

You know what's interesting to me? While people like Sheryl Crow show their true colors, I always believed (and still do) that Michael understood humanity on a level beyond that of most people. I think he understood that some people were shallow and would say mean things, but he always talked on a higher level. He talked about sharing love with the world. I mean, his focus was on leaving a legacy, being an unforgettable part of history, saving the planet. He didn't have these petty 'fights' with people. He didn't contradict himself because he didn't have malice for his fellow man. I mean one minute Sheryl Crow is singing on stage with Michael, then she's talking bad about Michael, and now she feels bad so she's going to write some nice words. It's so cliche! And I think Michael understood these patterns of human behavior and emotion. I just feel like he was in tune with the Soul of the World (isn't that what Paulo Coehlo called it in the Alchemist?). People made up things like the MJ vs Prince 'animosity' but like exoticprincess said, Michael never spoke bad of anyone!!

We all know Michael was a special being who basically was made of Love. He lived and breathed and bled for Love. And I think because of that, he saw humanity in a different light.

It's no wonder he forgot Sheryl's name one time! She's too consumed by herself.

Last edited:
What did she write?
Looked at the page but couldn't see anything, is it in that note? Have a hard time reading it =)

What did she write?
Looked at the page but couldn't see anything, is it in that note? Have a hard time reading it =)

In her letter she is basically giving her bio and says the BELOW about MJ, which is positive. The thing is that in the past she's made some negative comments about him, the ones I remember were mainly about him being anti-social.

"And then there was Michael Jackson. I spent 2 amazing years singing
backup and dueting with one of the true musical geniuses of our
time. Michael was the consumate amalgamtion of the styles of r+b,
soul, funk, blues, rock and pop. My interaction and musical
education during that time was priceless beyond words! Michael will
be forever missed and truly in my heart."

In her letter she is basically giving her bio and says the BELOW about MJ, which is positive. The thing is that in the past she's made some negative comments about him, the ones I remember were mainly about him being anti-social.

"And then there was Michael Jackson. I spent 2 amazing years singing
backup and dueting with one of the true musical geniuses of our
time. Michael was the consumate amalgamtion of the styles of r+b,
soul, funk, blues, rock and pop. My interaction and musical
education during that time was priceless beyond words! Michael will
be forever missed and truly in my heart."

Thank you!

It's weird, you get really pissed because you know how they did not support him while he was here and when he needed it the most. All of this feels so false, but at the same time, I guess it's better she says this then bad things about him.... or is it?

I think Michael did understand humanity and how people are. But I am sure the negative things people said about him must have hurt him. The lack of support. He was always was very giving and loving and yet what did these people give him back? Nothing. For me it's too late when people say nice things now when Michael isn't here anymore. Sheryl Crow should have said this when she became famous and grateful for her opportunity with Michael. The other things she said the negativity wasn't necessary at all. I appreciate the people who had the guts to say how much they loved and was influenced by Michael when it wasn't popular to do so.

can anyone please quote the bad things she actually said about michael besides not knowing the bands names??
ive been on youtube all day trying to find what interview it is which she bashes him but i cant seem to find it

^^^^ she didnt bashed him, she just didnt support him, i guess it was too much for her (she's fake), just like many other... thats enough for me, she just hid when she could have helped, she just washed her hands, and didnt care about him.... she is not a good woman, thats not a good person....

Last edited:
What kind of other negative things did she say? I mean the nonsense about not knowing bandnames and shit....well..we saw how Michael was aruond his This is it bandmembers, and that was very nice and totally not what she's describing him to be. She didn't support him during the 2005 trial neither?

Back