Sheryl Crow covers the Jackson 5's 'I Want You Back' on new album

billyworld99

Proud Member
Sheryl Crow's latest album will include a cover of the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back" in honor of an old friend, the late Michael Jackson.

"We were recording a song by Marvin Gaye called 'It's a Desperate Situation,' and the song ['I Want You Back'] was in the same key," Crow said by phone from her home in Nashville.

"We just went into it. In that range, that's what I sound like. Everybody in the room was like, 'Wow! Where did that come from?'

"It just seemed like a nice homage to put it out, because he was my first employer. The world lost him last year, and I think everybody senses the loss there."

Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Crow got her first big break in the music business as a backing vocalist on Jackson's "Bad" Tour in the late 1980s.

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2010/06/sheryl_crow_covers_the_jackson.html

Sheryl, you disgust me.

Why didn't you defend your "old friend"?
Why weren't you there for him when he needed support?

Give me a break.

When you sang backup for Michael Jackson, did you ever think, “Hmm, this fella’s a bit odd?”

DAWNEDARKO, CHARLOTTESVILLE, VIRGINIA

Sheryl Crow:
Uh, hello? Yeah. There was plenty of weirdness going on. For one, he barely spoke to me in 18 months, and that’s weird, because I’m fascinating, and I can’t believe that he didn’t want to speak to me. But the chimp was out on the road, and the Pepsi kid was around. It was like a weird circus. You sensed that this guy really had no sense of reality at all. It probably wasn’t even his fault. It’s so sad. He told me that his purpose on the planet was to save the children. From what, I don’t know.

http://www.blender.com/guide/67363/dear-superstar-sheryl-crow.html
2/15/2004

When you sang backup for Michael Jackson, did you ever think, “Hmm, this fella’s a bit odd?”

Sheryl Crow:
Uh, hello? Yeah. There was plenty of weirdness going on. For one, he barely spoke to me in 18 months, and that’s weird, because I’m fascinating, and I can’t believe that he didn’t want to speak to me. But the chimp was out on the road, and the Pepsi kid was around. It was like a weird circus. You sensed that this guy really had no sense of reality at all. It probably wasn’t even his fault. It’s so sad. He told me that his purpose on the planet was to save the children. From what, I don’t know.

2/15/2004
i'm actually a big fan of music her two faced attute about mj asidde this cover will suck the bad tour boot in have has her on backup and it was yucky then it will be yucky now

Sheryl Crow:

2/15/2004

Is that Crow or Cow!!!

I didn't know she said all that. I knew she thought he was anti-social, but what a
B!TCH!!!!!!!!!

Sheryl Crow:

2/15/2004

Bi***...maybe he was not into you?? Since when are you a beauty queen?
And THAT'S WHY I don't want to listen to hypocrites like her.

her first employer was Michael. geez..talk about starting at the bottom...lol

anyway...

yeah..it's cool to do a tribute. no act is not doing one for him these days..no matter what the person doing the tribute is about.

Sheryl Crow:

2/15/2004

Whoa. I've heard she said some not so nice things about him but never knew specifically what. And I hate that "I'm fascinating, and I can't believe that he didn't want to speak to me" comment.

LOL he preferred to hang out with Bubbles.:D

Sheryl Crow:

2/15/2004

the irony. if this woman was stalked, she'd call him a pervert. but because he didn't, she calls herself 'fascinating'.

Sheryl Crow covers the Jackson 5’s ‘I Want You Back’ on new album

Sheryl Crow covers the Jackson 5’s ‘I Want You Back’ on new album

Sheryl Crow’s latest album will include a cover of the Jackson 5’s “I Want You Back” in honor of an old friend, the late Michael Jackson.
“We were recording a song by Marvin Gaye called ‘It’s a Desperate Situation,’ and the song [‘I Want You Back’] was in the same key,” Crow said by phone from her home in Nashville. “We just went into it. In that range, that’s what I sound like. Everybody in the room was like, ‘Wow! Where did that come from?’ It just seemed like a nice homage to put it out, because he was my first employer. The world lost him last year, and I think everybody senses the loss there.”
Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Crow got her first big break in the music business as a backing vocalist on Jackson’s “Bad” Tour in the late 1980s.
“I Want You Back” is “a perfect song,” said Crow, 48.
Her infectious rendition is the closing track on “100 Miles from Memphis,” her first studio effort since 2008’s “Detours.” The new album comes out Tuesday, July 20.
Last week, Crow announced that she has adopted another boy, Levi James, born April 30. She plans to take him and older brother Wyatt, 3, on her upcoming North American tour, which includes a stop Friday, June 18, at PlayhouseSquare’s State Theatre in Cleveland.
http://jackson5abc.tumblr.com/

Re: Sheryl Crow covers the Jackson 5’s ‘I Want You Back’ on new album

She should have recorded, 'money that's what I want' and it would be the same...
Is that a tribute to Michael or just a way to cash-in on someone she knew and loved soooooo much?

I cant stand how two faced she was about Michael. She gives a different opinion on him for every interview she gives. Except after his death, when it has been all good -_-

Sadly I remember the time a few years ago when she constantly slagged him off and now he's gone she suddenly has nothing but good things to say? Come off it love.

Whoa. I've heard she said some not so nice things about him but never knew specifically what. And I hate that "I'm fascinating, and I can't believe that he didn't want to speak to me" comment.

LOL he preferred to hang out with Bubbles.:D

HAA!! talk about an arrogant, narcissistic bitch!! Who talks like that? She probably liked him and he didn't give her the time of day - Way to go Michael! AND THE REMARK ABOUTMICHAEL SAVING CHILDREN- that really got to me!! ARGGG

I remember reading an interview were they were discussing her career, and nowhere did she even mention Michael AT ALL!! I couldn't believe it! He gave her the opportunity of a lifetime, and because of Michael she went on to a career- but she never once acknowledged him and now after he's gone - she's paying homage!! STUPID HYPOCRITE!!!

Back