Shakira Ft. Lil Wayne

Saw this the other day... I love Shakira - but I can't stand Lil Wayne.
What's funny is that she had Flo Rida in the first version, but then scraped him and took Lil Wayne on board instead. (That version with Flo Rida is absolutely horrible, he's even worse than Lil Wayne)

It's clearly a publicity thing to score points in the contemporary R&B scene by having Timbaland on the beat, Lil Wayne on the rap and only dark skinned dancers in the video - but I think the beat is hot and it would be a really hot joint without Lil Wayne on it - I'm sure "the kids" will love it though.

2urmes6.jpg

Last edited:
I've been a fan since the 90s and this is well - not the best.

The chorus is catchy and she looks good, thats it.

The dance scenes are such copies of Beyonce that Beyonce should be able to sue her. LOL.

Shakira is trying far too hard to appeal to the American mainstream media. Sad.

o_O
o_O

:mello:

Well, that was something. I don't know what but it was something.

Welp, Shakira is beautiful. She's talented. But her songs and vocals never really reached my soul. How ever, i had a lot of respect for her.
I can't seem to shake off the jitters when i listen to Lil Wayne though. Typing his name is difficult enough. He reminds me strongly of Flava Flave. I wouldn't be surprised if they were brothers.

Oh well...

I pretty much agree with everything BruceWayne said. Kids are gonna dig it. And that was probably the marketing point to start.

Back