Shake Your Body question

eighthnoterojo

Proud Member
Um, who is clearing their throat at the end of the song? And why was that left in the recording? lol

Ahem hem hem. :lol:

the throaty rhythmic effect thing? you just know that's Mike lol

idk, but they do it alot on the bad tour performance.

the throaty rhythmic effect thing? you just know that's Mike lol
Ha; I was so baffled when I noticed the throat clearing that the fact that it was rhythmic passed right by me. lol

So it was intentional, ok. I'd heard grunts, squeals, eehees, woohoos, shrieks, whispers, screams, hiccups and growls before, but not throat clearing. lol! Thar's funny! :lol: Maybe nose blowing should be added, and coughs. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mduZQOtOdok

It's at 3:34, in case anyone wants to hear it.

At 3.34, it's just a beat-box and vocal hiccup. That's what it sounds like to me. :flowers:

Really marni? :huh:

That doesn't sound like beatboxing at all to me, or a hiccup...

Any more opinions on this?

Yeah, I've heard at least three versions. I'm pretty sure this is the only one with the throat clearing.

Say, has anyone heard this throat clearing on any other songs? And if so, which ones? Feel free to post a vid! :)

Ha; I was so baffled when I noticed the throat clearing that the fact that it was rhythmic passed right by me. lol

So it was intentional, ok. I'd heard grunts, squeals, eehees, woohoos, shrieks, whispers, screams, hiccups and growls before, but not throat clearing. lol! Thar's funny! :lol: Maybe nose blowing should be added, and coughs. :p

I think he should fart on his next one :p

It's Marlon, he also does that on Janet's "Don't Stand Another Chance"

that sound sounds like marlon, and it's on purpose.. it even goes with the beat..

the beginning.. He took the rhythem that is noticable in the begining and made that sound.

it sounds good, and he does it on tour also. so i wouldent mind if he coffs it would problably sound good anyway:d

It sounds good, I love it!

Sly (and the Family Stone) used to do that a lot at the time in their funky tunes.

Back