September 11, 2008: New Michael Sighting on Wednesday in LV

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member
Sorry, I am on my lunch break and have to leave now so I will not be able to do the rest of the thread. If there are any mentionings or whatever please post them here . Thanks.

Michael Jackson News:

http://www.lvrj.com/columnists/normclarke

Michael Jackson and his three children, dining at Benihana at the Las Vegas Hilton on Wednesday. Hilton Executive Chef Toy Tomme personally cooked for him and his children.

Owww Thanks for the news. How Awesome :D.. He is out and about again!!!

Thanks DM and have fun at your lunch break.

That is nice that MJ goes out with his children and things of that nature. The cook cooks for them personally and they must have enjoyed the food. Very nice. TMZ.com mentioned that MJ was at Gary with his children but I ain't posting anything from that place. A thread is made about it on the board. That is all of the news that I know about.

Thanks, Arxter for this. (I apologized in advance if I spelled your name wrong)

There is a discussion in the Non MJ Music forum on this.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/specials/hot100/index.shtml

Fifty years ago, in the Aug. 4, 1958, issue, Billboard launched a revolutionary chart called the Hot 100. After nearly two decades of tracking songs distinctively by sales or plays (on jukeboxes and at radio), the Hot 100 was the first list to measure popularity by incorporating both radio play and sales. Scoring the chart's inaugural No. 1 was Ricky Nelson with "Poor Little Fool." Billboard.com is celebrating this milestone in a big way, as we post all kinds of Hot 100-based charts each week leading up the September unveiling of our special All-Time Hot 100 chart and the commemorative Hot 100 Anniversary issue of Billboard Magazine.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/specials/hot100/charts/top100-artists-20.shtml

The Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists (20-01)

The definitive list of the Hot 100's top 100 artists, based on all charting titles from August 1958 through July 2008.

MJ is # 8 and Janet is # 7. What kind of nonsense?

Now, like me you are wondering how they compilled this list.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/specials/hot100/charts/hot100faq.shtml

Hot 100 50th Anniversary Charts FAQ

How were the 50th Anniversary Billboard Hot 100 song charts determined?

The 50th Anniversary Hot 100 Song and Artist charts are based on actual performance on the weekly Billboard Hot 100, since the chart's inception in August 1958 through the issue dated July 26, 2008. Songs are ranked based on an inverse point system, with weeks at No. 1 earning the greatest value and weeks at No. 100 earning the least.

Prior to the Hot 100's implementation in 1991 of enhanced radio and sales information from Nielsen BDS and Nielsen SoundScan, songs had shorter reigns at No. 1 and shorter chart lives.

To ensure equitable representation of the biggest hits from all 50 years, earlier time frames were each weighted to compensate for the differences in the faster turnover rates from those earlier decades, compared to the slower churn the Hot 100 has seen since the advent of Nielsen Music data.

Before that conversion, UB40's cover of "Red, Red Wine," which was on the chart for 40 weeks, and Chubby Checker's "The Twist," with 39 weeks, represented the longest chart stays ever by a No. 1 title. Since December 1991, 17 No. 1 titles have surpassed UB40's prior record, the longest being 60 weeks by Los Del Rio's "Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)."

All-time Hot 100 recaps for Country, R&B/Hip-Hop, Rock, and Latin utilize the same methodology as described above, with designation of titles for each of those genre charts determined by Billboard chart managers, based on characteristics of those genres.

The Latin chart includes Brazilian repertoire. For artists with multi-format appeal (like Jennifer Lopez or Enrique Iglesias), tracks released since the October 1986 launch of Hot Latin Songs were only included if either Spanish or English versions of those songs received enough radio play to appear on that chart or one of Billboard's other Latin Airplay charts.

Did the weighted formula used for the all-time song charts also determine the artist chart?

The artist chart utilizes the same methodology, with weighted points applied to all titles charted by each artist during that 50-year span.

The ranks of solo artists who also appeared as a member of a band do not reflect the band's hits, with the following exceptions:

• Paul McCartney's rank includes songs credited to Wings (but not the Beatles).
• We combined Smokey Robinson and the Miracles with the Miracles (but tracked Smokey's solo career separately).
• Sergio Mendez and his various ensembles (Brasil '66, Brasil '77, etc.) were merged with titles on which he was the sole artist listed.
• We also linked Gloria Estefan with Miami Sound Machine, Bob Seger with the Silver Bullet Band, Kenny Rogers with First Edition, Jackson 5 and the Jacksons (but not solo careers of the various Jackson brothers), Herb Alpert with the Tijuana Brass, and Jefferson Airplane with Jefferson Starship and Starship.

Is this the same methodology that was used for the all-time charts in Billboard's 100th Anniversary issue in 1994 or the 40th Anniversary of the Billboard Hot 100 in 1988?

No. Similar but different, and the differences can be significant. Those earlier charts were based only on weeks spent in the top 10, while the charts for the Hot 100's 50th Anniversary award relative points for every week that a title spent on the chart, regardless of rank. Consequently, some of the songs that ranked high on the 1994 and/or 1998 recaps stand lower on the 50th Anniversary title chart.

Why was the all-time chart methodology revised?

The same methodology that provided a fairly balanced list with hits from all eras on the 1994 chart skewed heavily toward the '90s when that same formula was employed for the Hot 100's 40th Anniversary. To wit, every single title in the top 10 of the 1998 chart had been released since 1991, while earlier decades had less representation on that 1998 recap than was seen on the 1994 all-time chart.

That shift toward newer songs happened during that four-year interval because the 1991 advent of sales tracking from Nielsen SoundScan and radio monitoring by Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems allows big hits to spend more weeks in the top 10, and more weeks on the overall chart, than happened in the earlier years when the chart was based on surveys of retailers and radio programmers.

For the Hot 100's 50th Anniversary, Billboard's charts department ensured a more balanced representation of hits from all 50 years, by analyzing the length of chart runs in earlier decades, as well as the average weeks that titles spent in the top 10 and at No. 1. Weights for earlier spans were then formulated, to compensate for the shorter chart runs that titles experienced before the 1991 conversion to precise and objective sales and radio data from Nielsen Music.

Why are some of the hits that debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 absent from the 50th Anniversary chart, or lower on this list than they were in the 1994 and 1998 anniversary charts?

Prior to December 1998, songs did not appear on the Billboard Hot 100 until a retail single became available (which, incidentally, is why hits like Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" and No Doubt's "Don't Speak" never appeared on the Hot 100). In earlier years, retail singles came to market fairly early in a song's life-usually shortly after, or even before, a song came to radio.

But, during the '90s, when labels would strategize No. 1 chart bows by significant hits, the retail release of some priority singles were withheld until radio audience reached maximum levels. Although some of these songs spent significant numbers of weeks at No. 1 or in the top 10, the delay of the sales component ultimately shortened the spans these songs would spend on the chart.

With the new methodology rewarding points for a song's entire chart run, rather than confining points to weeks spent in the top 10, the shorter chart lives recorded by the songs that debuted at No. 1 impact their all-time standings.

The 11-times platinum "Candle in the Wind 1997/Something About the Way You Look Tonight" by Elton John was the biggest selling single ever. Why does it rank no higher than No. 41?

As described above, the 50th Anniversary Songs chart is based on length of stay on the chart, as opposed to the specific dimensions of sales or radio data. That limitation stands with any recap that includes titles predating 1991, because specific sales and radio audience data from those earlier years cannot be applied.

Thus, "Candle In the Wind 1997," or any Nielsen Broadcast Data-era song with record-setting radio audience marks, are ranked here according to chart tenure, rather than specific sales or audience successes that occurred during those chart runs.

Interesting....

KOONS EXHIBITION IN VERSAILLES (FRANCE)

An exhibition of the famous American artist Jeff Koons (53) is currently on display at the palace of Versailles (France). It also includes a porcelain sculpture of Michael Jackson and his pet chimp Bubbles.

The show, which opened Wednesday (10th September 2008), will run through December 14, 2008.

-----------------------------------------
MJ #8 ALL-TIME TOP ARTIST

In celebration of it's 'Hot 100' Chart, Billboard magazine has compiled various lists of musical milestones. Michael Jackson made it top #8 on 'The Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists'. The list is based on all charting titles from August 1958 through July 2008:

1. The Beatles
2. Madonna
3. Elton John
4. Elvis Presley
5. Stevie Wonder
6. Mariah Carey
7. Janet Jackson
8. Michael Jackson
9. Whitney Houston
10. The Rolling Stones

-----------------------------------------------
PAMELA ANDERSON COMMENTS ON RUMOURS

In The Ellen DeGeneres Show, a US TV talk show, actress Pamela Anderson was asked about recent rumours of her and Michael Jackson dating - which had been heavily circulating in the press worldwide. She denied the rumours saying:

"He just wants me to be in a video. My life is so interesting. My life is a blur."

"So seriously, have you been hanging out with him?" DeGeneres asked.

"It happens ... skin cancer and Vicodin," Pamela Anderson replied cryptically. "I don’t know ... I have a lot of interesting friends."

Click on the link below to watch the video:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WgXX8ZCWrg

------------------------------------------
BRAVO LEGENDS: MICHAEL JACKSON

On September 15, 2008, German teen magazine BRAVO premieres a new special magazine series called 'BRAVO Legends'. And the first superstar to be featured will be Michael Jackson.

The special magazine will consist of 100 pages about the life and the career of the King of Pop and includes 10 DIN A4 posters as well as 2 mega posters. Additionally the fans can expect many so far unpublished and even new photos.

Main topics will be:
• his rise to become a worldwide star
• inside Neverland
• his secrets
• his future

The magazine will be available for €3.90.

------------------------------------
SWISS CHART UPDATE

‘King Of Pop - German Edition’ rises 3 places on the Swiss Album Chart to #26 this week.

‘Billie Jean’ has re-entered the Swiss Singles Chart at #95 this week.

-----------------------------------
SIGNATURE PERFORMANCE OF THRILLER ON ITV1 (UK)

Signature from Britain’s Got Talent will be performing Thriller this Saturday (13th September 2008) on UK terrestrial TV channel ITV1 at 9.15pm (GMT). The programme is titled ‘Everybody Dance Now’.

-------------------------------------
CAROUSEL (FULL VERSION) TO BE INCLUDED IN ITALIAN EDITION OF KOP

The unreleased full version of Carousel will be included in the upcoming King Of Pop - Italian edition. Sony-BMG Italy announced it to mjj.it, one of three Italian fanclubs Sony asked to choose special songs as special mentions to be added to tracks voted by general public. The final tracklist is still to announced.

The tracks choosen by the fans are as follow:
We've Had Enough
Whatever Happens
Carousel (full version)
Got The Hots

King Of Pop - Italian Edition is scheduled to be released on October 3.

Thanks for the news! :wub: Mmmm. He likes sushi and Japanese cuisine too. :wub:
Good to hear he is out and about with the family. :)

Rockstar: some of the news were posted like the billboard.com one, the story about MJ and Pam (there is a thread) and there is a whole thread regarding the German magazine "Bravo" and Michael. You gotta post links.

Last edited:
.........Awwwwwww,bless them!:D:wub:so nice and wonderful to hear!:D:wub:

I love to hear of Michael being out and about with his kids, he is a wonderful dad. I love Japanese food too.
Michael No. 8 on Top 100......really...you gotta be joking....that is just not right, the others are great but Michael's the best...not that Im bias or anything. xx

Re: September 11, 2008: New MichHere's ANOTHER sighting...MJ is in Gary Indiana Also???

From http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/zwecker/1157053,CST-FTR-zp11.article#

September 11, 2008

BY BILL ZWECKER Sun-Times Columnist
It's all very mysterious, but I've learned Michael Jackson -- joined by a small (for him) retinue of bodyguards and assistants, plus his three children, Paris, Prince and Prince Michael II -- slipped into town Monday for a quick overnight stay.
A BZ spy at Jackson's exclusive Gold Coast hotel reports that the entourage ''did not venture out of their suites and only ordered basics like setups, hot water, milk and juice from room service.''
» Click to enlarge image
Pop star Michael Jackson.
(AP file)

Apparently, the King of Pop traveled with his own organic food, plus bed linens and towels.
Unlike other visits by Jackson and his kids to various cities around the world, there wasn't even any shopping on this trip.
According to the source, Jackson & Co. left early Tuesday -- ''before the sun was up'' -- and reportedly drove (via several SUVs with blacked-out windows) to Gary. There MJ and his kids supposedly toured his childhood neighborhood in the northwest Indiana city before flying out of the area via private jet.
There was apparently no contact with any Gary officials, so it's not known if Jackson's visit was related -- in any way -- to recent efforts to memorialize his family's origins in the city.
During a much-publicized visit to Gary by Jackson's father, Joe Jackson, in July, Mayor Rudy Clay presented him with the key to the city, unveiled plans for a proposed Jackson Museum and Cultural Center and unveiled a new street sign in honor of the Jackson family.
A month later, those plans were placed on hold, due to various financial issues -- mainly facing Michael and the other Jacksons. A family spokesman said at the time that the delay was only temporary and the Jackson museum in Gary ''is something that will happen.''
Maybe Michael Jackson's visit this week is a hopeful sign that it will occur -- perhaps sooner rather than later.
The preliminary plans exhibited back in July featured a project the city officials hoped would help jump-start renewal efforts in downtown Gary along Broadway.

Michael at 8 and janet at 7??

That must be a mistake! He has done wayyy better than her!

Mmmm...Benihana is yummytime. I hope him and the kids made little piggies of themselves. :hungry: lol

Thanks to all for the news and mentionings. :flowers:

I love to hear of Michael being out and about with his kids, he is a wonderful dad. I love Japanese food too.
Michael No. 8 on Top 100......really...you gotta be joking....that is just not right, the others are great but Michael's the best...not that Im bias or anything. xx

That is just absolutely ridiculous. Michael taught Madonna and Janet everything they know.

Elton and Elvis? The Beatles? Can you say, overrated?

Uggh!!

Mariah Carey over Michael?

It's obvious bias.

Erh this list is statistical ppl, it's obvious that Michael hasnt released much material, so it'd understandable. He's only released 6 albums while others in Top 10 have 10 each at least :yes: :yes:

Erh this list is statistical ppl, it's obvious that Michael hasnt released much material, so it'd understandable. He's only released 6 albums while others in Top 10 have 10 each at least :yes: :yes:
Elvis released over 100 albums and the Beatles over 40. Janet also released more than Michael, so has Madonna.

If Michael had released more albums he would have been number 1. It is really a miracle and a mark of how great he is that he has only released 6 albums and is still in the top 10.

Also don't forget that people tend to buy MJ's albums rather than his singles.

Thriller only had 2 number ones, but the entire album stayed at number on for a year. That is because people thought it was better to buy the whole album than just the single. If all the songs on that album counted as nuber one, that would have put him well over the top.:D

That is just absolutely ridiculous. Michael taught Madonna and Janet everything they know.

Elton and Elvis? The Beatles? Can you say, overrated?

Uggh!!

Mariah Carey over Michael?

It's obvious bias.
But see you have to look at the fact that those other artists bring out more cds faster than Michael. Look at Janet, Janet has brought out two album since Michael's last cd.

Aww i love hearing about Michael out and about enjoying himself!!! Especially with his children! :wub:

Elvis released over 100 albums and the Beatles over 40. Janet also released more than Michael, so has Madonna.

If Michael had released more albums he would have been number 1. It is really a miracle and a mark of how great he is that he has only released 6 albums and is still in the top 10.

Also don't forget that people tend to buy MJ's albums rather than his singles.

Thriller only had 2 number ones, but the entire album stayed at number on for a year. That is because people thought it was better to buy the whole album than just the single. If all the songs on that album counted as nuber one, that would have put him well over the top.:D

Exactly, when one looks at his No.1 singles in some countries, there're really not many like, say Madonna. It's only because ppl tend to buy his album, not his singles. And that shows his success. Ppl usually buy singles when they dont trust that artist's album as good. So IMO this means ppl have faith in the quality of a Michael album. For me albums sales are wayyyyyyyy more important than singles :yes: And yet Michael's single sales are still among the top of all time (equal to Madonna's). That's truly incredible!

something about bennihana that scuuuuures my ass! i love my eyebrows too much to be near the habaichi thingamajig.....i prefer the dinning seating. but um...miiiiiiiiike go to pf changes on paradise...that's my joint! oooor ooor ooor the one in planet hollywood since u loves it now...haha

great news... God bless you and your kids Michael but it seems that the new album is not gonna show up this year nither the next year.

Orrrrrrr, it seems nobody knows, so just continue to wait instead of making baselss predictions. It'll save you mucho grief.

SOSO your kid is very very very cute ...he is an adorable and a beautifu l fan of Michael. ...God bless him

Orrrrrrr, it seems nobody knows, so just continue to wait instead of making baselss predictions. It'll save you mucho grief.

but for how long ???... after few weeks I'll be very busy with the my collage homeworks and papers,,,,that's why i'm afraid that the album will be released during my exams :(... oh no i don't want even think about it :(

Back