Sega or Nintendo

• Sega

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 26 78.8%

• Total voters

analogue

Proud Member
During the 80's and 90's there was the big console war between Sega and Nintendo. Which one do you think was the best?

Sega
sega-master-system.png

SegaMegadrive2.jpg

Nintendo
nes.jpg

SNES.jpg

I'm voting Nintendo because those were the consoles that dominated my childhood hehe, we once had some Sega thing but I was too young to remember much about it :( Anyways sadly I don't have a Wii because I think it would be too excessive to buy one for myself with no one else using it, however I do love my DS.

i love Sega, Nintendo, Playstation, etc etc etc :w00t:

I do wish that the game Moonwalker was released on Super Nintendo but MJ cleary favored Sega and went with them

I always remember having the Atari and the Nintendo when I was little. I still have my Super Nintendo that I had gotten back in either 91 or 92 when I was 11 or 12 years old. Still works just as good as it did when I had first gotten it. But I never had a Sega but my cousins did my aunt got them a Sega. And I remember playing with their Sega and I really like it. Especially the Sonic game they had. But I have always had a L.O.V.E. for the Nintendo more because of the games like Mario, Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy, and Zelda. Which is 4 game series I always had a major L.O.V.E. for. But I would so L.O.V.E. to get a Sega so I can play my Moonwalker game on it. I had the game for years but I never had a Sega to play it on.

I voted Nintendo, because I that's what me and my family have for had I've been playing for almsot 2 decades. I do love playing Sega too. We got SNES in Texas with Super Mario World and I still have it with me while N64, Game Cube and Wii are at my family's. I remember Super Mario Kart was my all time favourite SNES game. The only Sega games I played are 2 Sonic games as I remember. I also remember the time when we got SNES in Texas on of my dad's neighbour's kids got Sega and I believe they got Moonwalker and I don't think I've played it.

Moonwalker should've been released for Nintendo.

I had Nintendo. I remember playing Super Mario like crazy. Hehe, those were the times :D

I love both Nintendo and SEGA...........

......but Nintendo have made more legendary games.............

......like "The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time" or "Super Mario Galaxy 2"!!!!!

I'm a Nintendo chick all the way! Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo 64 and Nintendo Gamecube consumed my childhood, especially the first two!

As the thread was about those old consoles I chose Sega (because of fond memories of playing moonwalker with my older brother). If it was todays consoles I probably would have picked Nintendo because me and my boyfriend have a lot of fun on the Wii (and are anticipating the release of the new MJ game yeeeeah) and I also like to take my DS with me on long journeys/overnight trips.

I've been playing Moonwalker on the Sega Megadrive and those Zombies are really pissing me off. Also why is the song Another Part Of Me played during the zombie levels? Shouldn't it be Thriller?

I've been playing Moonwalker on the Sega Megadrive and those Zombies are really pissing me off. Also why is the song Another Part Of Me played during the zombie levels? Shouldn't it be Thriller?

hahaha pretty much the exact same conversation happened between me and my boyfriend a few weeks ago when we downloaded the old mega drive moonwalker and played it on the ps2. Never understood why Another Part Of Me is used instead of Thriller, and I ended up having the game version of the song stuck in my head on a continuous loop (aaaaagh!) due to the ridiculous amount of time he spent on the zombie level (although the frequent growls of "grrrrr bloody zombies" was quite funny)

Even though Nintendo sucks with the Wii (most boring piece of crap I've ever played) I must say that the old Snes had a much better library of games over sega, imo segas best console was probably the dreamcast!

for me Nintendos best was the game boy advance

hard to say. i played all of them. i think nintendo, cause for gameplay. but the sega was very "special".

Im sure if this was asked 15 years ago it would be a much closer race :p I voted Nintendo, despite loving and still owning my Megadrive, still got my SNES and N64 too... In fact I have two N64s, lol :D

After much though i think i gotta go with Nintendo here. I love Sega but they screwed up big time with the Sega CD and the Sega 32X. Those piles of dog turds were just unforgivable. I also thought that the Sega Saturn was pretty meh. Also Nintendo generally has the better libary of games and i think that the sound is alot better

I really wish that MJ would have worked with Nintendo instead of Sega. A Moonwalker video game on Super Nintendo would have been much better than the one on Sega Megadrive. We would have had better sound with the music

I voted for Nintendo just because that is the game system one of my nephews played with when he was little (he's 35 now). Boy, did he drive me crazy with that Zelda game. I still hear that darn music, lol.

Absolutely Sega. I grew up with their consoles.
Oh and Moonwalker was made for Sega Genesis too :)

Nintendo gets my vote. I still have some of the original games I grew up to.

All the Mario brother games, and the original Final Fantasy

Back