Seal

Superstition

Proud Member
Who enjoys Seal?

Very versatile performer: smooth vocals for R&B/soul songs and also raspy that fits well with rock and pop.

He has a very unique sound, totally his own and authentic. It's a fusion of rock, R&B and techno or electronica I guess. They all mesh together really well and he's had quite a few hits over the last couple of decades or so.

His most recent album (Soul, an album of soul covers) is a tad safe yet I love the arrangements and he sounds just as good live as he does on the album.

images

Seal - Crazy

images

Seal - Prayer For The Dying

images

Seal - Waiting For You

images

Seal - People Get Ready

Seal has had good songs from the beginning of his career. He did a nice interview on Larry King recently.

I love Seal!
I fell in love with him from hearing 'Kiss from a rose' in the batman & robin movie back in the 90s. My mom enjoys alot of his songs too so since she doesn't like Michael we bond over Seal lol

*raises hand* I love Seal, too! His voice is super sexy.

But I really do like his songs. Like Hachi, I also started listening to him when I had heard Kiss from a rose. :)

I think "Prayer For The Dying" was the first song of his I heard, and I enjoyed it. When I was younger, all I ever listened to was hot-100 radio and the adult contemporary channels that played pop/R&B hits from the 70's, 80's and 90's. So I heard him a bit on the radio. Then he came out with "Kiss From A Rose" and then "Fly Like An Eagle" the next year. I actually prefer Seal's version of "Fly Like An Eagle" to the original. It was true to the original version yet more upbeat and still with a slightly unique arrangement. I love it when people don't simply cover a track but try to improve on it.

I :wub: Seal's voice. My favorite songs are Crazy, Prayer For the Dying, Kiss From a Rose and Waiting For You.

Also, he verbally ripped into a paparazzi once, called them scum and said he was glad the pap didn't like his music, he didn't want him to like his music anyways.

Always a big plus in my book. My respect for him increased tenfold, haha.

^ Haha, that was good.
Seal and Heidi are such a lovely couple ^_^

aww i love seal! saw him several times in concerts the last year, talked to him one time at a concert. he is so down to earth. great guy!
You talked to him? Wow, so cool! I can totally believe that he's down to earth, he seems just like that! He's like the perfect male figure, lol :D

haha yeah i have it on youtube, some fan recorded the conversation and sent it to me. but you can barely hear what i say lol.

here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tYbfXvhHr4

basically it was about me complaining that he should come to west germany (the concert was in hamburg and i had to drive 4 hours by car) and seal understood i was driving 24 hours :p

later at the concert he gave me his guitar pick, cuz i was driving so long hahaha. you cant see me well on the concert, only if u watch close... i am directly in front of the stage (still with red hair that time) and sometimes covering my eyes with my hand lol. see the guy with the white shirt and the woman in the black shirt behind? look a bit more to the right side lol

Last edited:
I love Seal! Me and my boyfriend went to see him last year at Shepherds Bush Empire in London. Small and intimate, we were the youngest people there (at 21). My sister went to see him when she was 16 (she's 10 years older than me, so I was 6!) so I grew up always hearing him. Love the guy and Killer is a tune. I refuse to pay £50 to see him at an arena this year tho, most of our money has gone on Michael tickets!

Back