dare_me

Proud Member
so we all know michael can both scat and beatbox

exhibit A:
tons of his songs. lol.

exhibit B:
this nice video someone made on youtube

(oprah is so embarrassing lol)

and i have this song by scatman john where he just scats the whole way through and i love listening to it and whenever i play it in my car or anything the people that i'm with always seem to like it and think it's pretty cool and a lot of times start singing along. this is the song (i made a really quick video to stick on youtube for this)

and then if you've never heard matisyahu's beatbox this is it

sooo, my question is, if michael were to tour again, would you like to see him do like an interlude kind of thing where he just scats and/or beat boxes for a while? maybe not necessarily the way scatman john or matisyahu does it, but i think if he did it in his own way that would be super awesome, i would love it. your opinion?

Last edited:
Would I?! I'd looooove for Michael to do something like that. He's so freakin' talented and a lot of people don't even know he can do stuff like this. Listen to how even and steady his voice is too when he does the bass to "Who Is It". Just to show off his timing and control and his ability to mimick other instruments. I'd absolutely adore it.

If you guys want to see an amazing singer and somone who can scat as good as anyone ever, check out Mel Torme. It's funny what people call a singer today when you check this guy out. Here's a few videos. He's also got about the smootest voice ever. They call him the velvet fog for a reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HBzMdezH84&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhQA39slr-U - Listen to him scat at the end of the second song.

yes! now that's what i'm talking about!
also like anything from ella fitzgerald

gahh, i think it would be soooo amazing if michael did this, i really want to hear him do it for a more extended period of time than the little clips we have and totally show off

I'd like to hear him perform Who Is It with beatboxing. That would be amazing.

I love hearing those beatbox things :D
And now, I also remember that scatman song!!! padapadap weeeeeee papapatapap!!!
I had a cd when I was little and this song was on that cd! I love it and my sister didn't :D. Wait!!! I think I still have that cd somewhere, it was a slightly different version though :D >> this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpHLEm9-0bg
I still know the lyrics too :D
Thanks for posting!
you can hear little Mike 'beatboxing' in the song 'true love can be beautiful' too :D

He does some beatboxing type noises in the song 'Blues Away' too.

Last edited:
That would be cool if he has a segment out of a show for scatting/beatboxing time. He's got so much talent in him that sometimes some things he got seems to go unnoticed. Beatboxing and scatting are among them. It's like, someone can easily forget to see a piece of jewelry in a room filled with jewels. I can picture him doin it for his own songs and/or some hiphop tracks. As for scatting, for his own songs and/or some jazz(y) tunes.

he does it to some extent on most of his songs, scatting i mean.

saying that.. i love rock with you live with the tapping intro.

he does it to some extent on most of his songs, scatting i mean.

saying that.. i love rock with you live with the tapping intro.

yep exactly, so we know he can do it.
so what i'm saying is would you like to see him do it as like an interlude where he does it as not just a part of a song, but for an extended period of time like these other people have done it

Back