Same fear as in 1995?

KB50MJ

Proud Member
I have been a fan since 2007.

So I was curious for fans who were fans back then.

When MJ collapsed and was sent to the hospital preparing for the One and Only Concert on HBO, was there the same fear back then for him as there was on June 25th?

What was it like?

What was the media coverage like?

I'm not sure if you can compare the fear with December 1995...When I heard back then that he was taken to hospital, I was scared and didn't really now what was wrong with him....but we heard pretty soon that he was okay. But on June 25th it was only like couple of hours between the reports from "taken to the hospital" to "he's dead". When I first heard he had been taken to the hospital, I was worried but thought he was dehydrated again and was gonna be out in a couple of days. But the second I heard "cardiac arrest", I knew it was serious and I got VERY worried. And when I heard his brothers had said "He is in a really bad shape", I knew it was bad. So I don't think you can really compare the two...simply because in the other one MJ walked out of the hospital healthy after a few days. :cry: Wish it would have been the case this time too...

I knew Michael was a hard worker when it came to his shows so the 1995 collapse did not surprise me. Although I was disappointed that the show was canceled, I was relieved that he walked out of the hospital healthy. As for June 25th, I thought he had pushed himself to the extent that he was exhausted, but I started praying when cardiac arrest was mentioned. I was hoping against hope that he would recover like he did 13.5 yrs ago.

Back