Ryan White's mom, the Neverland that never was, Silenced Truth

It's so funny 'cause I've been a Peter Pan fanatic since I was six, when I was a lost boy in the stage musical =) and it was solidified after reading the book - I've definitely thought about this before and I think it's a really super brilliant idea. That draft looks amazing!

OMG :( Ryan White's mom. That is beautiful and so sad.

i cried like a baby during that video... everytime i watch my Dangerous The Short Films on VHS I always skip that video because I cry SO MUCH! but from now on i will watch it.

thanks for sharing that interview.. I have not seen that

God bless Ryan White and Michael Jackson I hope they have reunited in heaven

I wanted to share my Ryan White/Michael Jackson story with you. I grew up in Indiana and was little when Ryan was going through his struggles. As a young girl, I could never understand how people could be so mean to a little boy just because he had a disease. He dealt with so much discrimination and hate. He has always been a sort of hero to me and since I also grew up loving Michael, it meant so much to me to know that Michael reached out to Ryan and his family, befriending them and being there for them. As you may know, Michael also attended Ryan's funeral (sitting right next to Jeanne, Ryan's mother) and burial.

I only live 45 minutes from Ryan's gravesite, but I had never made the pilgrimage to visit him. Last August, after Michael passed, I felt that I was being guided to visit Ryan. I drove to Cicero with Mapquest directions in hand, looking for Cicero Cemetery. I made it to Cicero, but my Mapquest directions turned out to not be so accurate. Frustrated, I was looking for a place to turn into and get directions (Cicero is very small) when I said, "Michael, you've been here before, please guide me to Ryan." I looked up and the cross street I was coming to was Jackson Street. I thought, "Hmm, ok, I will turn here and see." I knew that could not be a coincidence. Sure enough, Jackson Street led me directly to Cicero Cemetery. It is a very small cemetery and I pulled in and found his gravesite right away. It was a very beautiful headstone, about six-feet tall, and had lyrics from "Man in the Mirror" enscribed on the stone. It was a beautiful, warm, sunny day and I just sat there, feeling close to Ryan and even Michael. :)

I have a picture of the section where it says "Gonna Make A Difference, Gonna Make It Right. Michael Jackson," but I haven't figured out yet how to post photos or if it would even be appropriate. I was only going to post a portion of the section with that lyrics on it.

Anyway, I haven't really shared this story with anyone, but I thought you all might appreciate it. I just know Ryan and Michael are hanging out together, just like old times. :) God bless them both.

Back