Ryan Gosling Compares George Clooney To Michael Jackson

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
LOL Oh Ryan
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...orge-clooney-to-michael-jackson_n_932979.html
He may have started his career working the teen scene on "The Micky Mouse Club" and "Breaker High," but the notoriously picky actor has made a name for himself as an adult by largely choosing interesting, quirky roles that showcase his natural talent.

But Gosling's star is on the rise and as New York magazine notes with this summer's "Crazy, Stupid, Love" it's just the start of his return to more mainstream roles.

The actor who has currently sporting bleach blond hair while filming "The Place Beyond The Pines," next stars alongside Carey Mulligan in "Drive" as a Hollywood stuntman who moonlights as a getaway driver, and in the political thriller "The Ides of March" directed by and co-staring George Clooney.

New York magazine caught up with Gosling to find out what it was like to work with Clooney as a director and not surprisingly, Gosling had only kind, although somewhat strange words for him.

"It was amazing, like watching someone try to explain a song in their head," he said of working with Clooney. " I can only compare it to seeing Michael Jackson in "This Is It," where he's trying to explain to a keyboard player how to play a certain part -- even in the sea of parts being played, he can pick that out. That's kind of what George is like. He's like Michael Jackson, basically."

And yes, that is a compliment. Gosling told the magazine:

"I love Mike Jackson. [Clooney] knew exactly what he wanted, and he was very specific. A lot of directors aren’t so clear."

For more with Ryan Gosling, click over to New York magazine.

Are you noticing the change??

Are you noticing the new level of respect for Michael all around?

So many artists it seems of late aspire to reach his hights of excellence ... or be like him or break his records.

He's what people aim to be.

MY heart sings!!!!

What a great compliment and at last Michael is getting the recognition he deserved in life!!

SHAMONE!!

I do think seeing Michael at work has made alot of people who are serious about their craft take a more serious and respectful look at him!

It is amazing how that one particular moment with Bearden stands out for people. I have heard it mentioned more than once. People are really amazed by Michael's ability and his knowledge.

Yes, the showing of This is it was a real eye opener for alot of people, including me, and really showcased all MJs special qualities. It's funny how hearing about how another artist/actor appreciates MJ makes you appreciate these people more too. Must go and check out ryan gosling.

Nice one from Gosling ;) I didn't know George Clooney was like that lol

I think TII was fantastic for Michael's legacy...It was a side of Michael that not a lot of people had seen..I've heard people say they never knew he was so involved and showcased that level of perfectionism, precision and ultimately genius...It's nice to see people finally understanding and realizing that Michael was like this...

Thanks for posting :)

MscassieMollie, thanks much. You have made my week. Ryan Gosling is my favorite actor. He is so damn brilliant. Sky high he gets MJ.

I like how people call Michael, Mike. It comes across warm. I am glad he emphasized it was a compliment and he loved Michael. I think This is It was very good for Michael. People not only saw him at work but they saw him as person too. I hope the respect for him grows.

Before This Is It was released, I think a lot of people thought Michael didn't do much in he production of his tours. A lot of people thought he just rehearsed the singing and dancing all day, said yes to people and performed. I'm so happy that people can finally see for themselves how involved Michael was in all of his projects.

Ummm who is ryan gosling and what has he starred in? his name sounds familar but i have totally forgotten who he is

^^ Yes, he was nominated for an Oscar for his role in 'Half Nelson'...He stars as a drug-addicted junior high school teacher...It's a good movie and he was fantastic in it :)

I like Ryan Gosling. Great actor with a down to earth personality. But what a compliment to George Clooney! haha. Nice one. I didn't know Gosling was a Michael fan though. That's great to hear. I love how he called him "Mike" too. Nice to hear Michael Jackson's name being used positively. It only gets better from here. :) The good will outshine the bad, I can already see it happening.

Thank you, Ryan!

^^ Canadian actor, starred in 'The Notebook' ;)

Yes:

The-Notebook-2004-Hollywood-Movie-Watch-Online.jpg

Nicholas Sparks.... :heart:

i wonder what Clooney said

:fear:

I do not know why, but I do not like him.

Gosling is much more than the NOTEBOOK. He is the anti - Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise....more actor than movie star. Loves how he disappears into a role. Gosling was also great in THE BELIEVER, MURDERS BY NUMBERS W/ Sandra Bullock, his much older, former flame, and FRACTURE W/ Anthony Hopkins.

I've always loved Ryan, he is a terrific actor! But now with that comment I love him even more! He's smart and has love for the king ;-)

Back