Russell Crowe Says MJ Pranked Him

billyworld99

Proud Member
Actor Russell Crowe says that after he shot to fame he gained a whole slew of new celebrity friends and one of them was Michael Jackson.

The brooding actor recently told British GQ that he and the King of Pop became good pals because they shared a similar sense of humor and often enjoyed playing pranks on each other.

Crowe said Jackson would regularly phone him and try to convince him he was in trouble, much to the actor’s amusement.

“A gruff voice would say something was wrong, then this tiny little voice [would say] ‘Don’t worry. This is Michael,’” Russell revealed in an interview for the June issue of the British edition of GQ magazine.

Russell also said that Jackson often invited him to visit his Neverland Ranch but, unfortunately, Crowe never took him up on his offer.

Russell admits he hasn’t always been the victim of prank phone calls though - he has also made his fair share of them, dating all the way back to his childhood. When he was just 10 years old he would phone people and try to convince them they had won a fantastic vacation to a remote location in the South Pacific.

“I’d be pretending to be a radio DJ, telling people they had won a prize. We’d tell them they had won a week in Vanuatu but they had to get there by canoe,” he confessed.

Aww, that's lovely to hear. Thanks for sharing.

awww thts so sweet!
mjs so cute with his pranks lol
russell crowe is one of my fav actors thts so cool that they knew each other!

Russell also said that Jackson often invited him to visit his Neverland Ranch but, unfortunately, Crowe never took him up on his offer.
in78dj.jpg

That's cool - I wouldn't of thought Crowe a prankster don't know why! He's a great actor and I love him in Gladiator. MJ was loved by so many. Can't believe Crowe didn't go to Neverland though?!?!

Looks like Michael is now on the best pranksters list, along with the late Owen Hart, who's also a great prankster.

Looks like Michael is now on the best pranksters list, along with the late Owen Hart, who's also a great prankster.

Oh yes ;) Some of the Owen Hart stories are great!

This is so cool! Russell Crowe is an amazing actor and I love him very much so to me this is great! :D

Great story... I can't help having visions of Mj and Russell running round Neverland with Supersoakers :lmao:

Nice story..thanks for posting! :flowers: Russell Crowe is a great actor.

COOL, Rusell is a fantastic actor, love him, wow, i would have befriended both :D
THANKS FOR POSTING THIS :)

Back