Royal Brunei July 16th, 1996 Documentary (Idea)

Zakk

Proud Member
After reading up on the newly released Jimi Hendrix Documentary showcasing newly unearthed footage of 'The Hendrix Experience' performance at Miami Pop in 1968, which was a non profit show. My mind got drawn to this show Michael performed free in Brunei, 8 years after performing at wembley on His BAD World Tour. This show was officially released as a promo VHS in 1996, with screenshots. Possibly it could have also been shot on film, they did have a lot of cameras running that night. I think it needs a celebration, and if it is on film.. a 2 Disc Blu-Ray & DVD Package featuring a newly done documentary, by Spike Lee? featuring inputs from Jennifer Batten, Dorian Holley, Daryll Phinnassee & those who worked with Michael on this show. Who would like to see something like this done? Discuss Below.

Pro Camera, Different Angle. As you can see there are several other camera's operating in view, it's possible a few of them were shooting film at least;

Documentary would be good idea but I don't think this concert should be released. Michael wasn't very energetic in this and it basically had Dangerous Tour setlist so I think they should release more from that tour. There are better concerts than this to release. :)

Documentary would be good idea but I don't think this concert should be released. Michael wasn't very energetic in this and it basically had Dangerous Tour setlist so I think they should release more from that tour. There are better concerts than this to release. :)

that's why i came up with this theory, i got the idea from this film that was shown on pbs a few days back:

transferred from 8mm film reel footage, something like this would be great i think for royal brunei! it deserves something like this at least :) thank you for your input

Not a good choice for a documentary. There was nothing particularly special about it. It was a one-off. It was free, but I'm sure there was some lottery or registration system to handle tickets or something.

And just because there may have been other camera men there doesn't mean the show was shot separately on film.

Not a good choice! I'd love to see Leeds 1988. Mj's biggest Bad tour show, and it's on film!

I liked his doc to do with Bad 25. Loved the new footage!

Back