Rolling Stones' worst 10 songs of the 90s

HIStory

Proud Member
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/rs...l-tops-rolling-stones-worst-songs-of-the-90s/

1. Aqua, "Barbie Girl"
2. Los Del Rio, "Macarena"
3. Billy Ray Cyrus, "Achy Breaky Heart"
4. Vanilla Ice, "Ice Ice Baby"
5. Chumbawamba, "Tubthumping"
6. Hanson, "MMMBop"
7. Celine Dion, "My Heart Will Go On"
8. Baha Men, "Who Let The Dogs Out?"
9. Right Said Fred, "I'm Too Sexy"
10. 4 Non Blondes, "What's Up?"

There are a couple of songs those are bad there but I don't agree most of these belong to this list, to be honest. OK, I hate "Macarena" with passion, so I would have picked that one too. "Achy Breaky Heart" and "Ice Ice baby" are probably rightfully there too. But "My hart will go on"? I know it's irritating if a song is so overplayed like this was but that doesn't make it a bad song. "Barbie doll" isn't a great song but it was funny and I kind of liked it for its funny lyrics and video. Same with "I'm too sexy".

So these may not be the best songs of the 90s, but there are lot worse than these.

Last edited:
When i hear most of the crap that's getting played today i miss the dignity of Barbie Doll more and more

1. Aqua, "Barbie Doll"
6. Hanson, "MMMBop"

There are a couple of songs those are bad there but I don't agree most of these belong to this list, to be honest. OK, I hate "Macarena" with passion, so I would have picked that one too. "Achy Breaky Heart" and "Ice Ice baby" are probably rightfully there too. But "My hart will go on"? I know it's irritating if a song is so overplayed like this was but that doesn't make it a bad song. "Barbie doll" isn't a great song but it was funny and I kind of liked it for its funny lyrics and video. Same with "I'm too sexy".

So these may not be the best songs of the 90s, but there are lot worse than these.

I've highlighted the ones I believe should definitely NOT be on that list for one reason or another.

I kinda like the Ice Ice Baby..lol..But I think I've seen some older lists very similar to this..Usually you see the same songs on them.

Isn't the song called "Barbie Girl" by Aqua?
I'm not surprised it tops their list though, they weren't really the target group for that song lol
As a little girl growing up then I did like that song.
Anyway I think it says something though that most people remember these songs still, even if some of them were bad.
I don't think these were some of the worst though. I guess it depends on what your criteria is.

Celine doesn't belong there, and yes it's called "Barbie Girl".

Hanson, "MMMBop", Right Said Fred, "I'm Too Sexy" definately should be.
Baha Men, "Who Let The Dogs Out?", dont mind this song its better than alot of whats in the top 40

Macarena should be in No. 1 in my opinion and Barbie Girl is much more better than the mainstream crap played nowadays.
What can you spect from a magazine that picked in No. 1 of the best 500 songs of all the time the one that has the magazine's same name? No offense to Bob Dylan but I really believe there are much better songs than Like A Rolling Stone.

I love 4 Non Blondes - What's Up?...It's fun to sing along to :fear:

2. Los Del Rio, "Macarena".-Hmmmmm Well it's a good song to dance to but not listen too.

3. Billy Ray Cyrus, "Achy Breaky Heart" . WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No JUST NO I love this song!

4. Vanilla Ice, "Ice Ice Baby". Good song but hate it when it's in me head

5. Chumbawamba, "Tubthumping". Mmmmmm

6. Hanson, "MMMBop". MMMMBop mmmm ok

7. Celine Dion, "My Heart Will Go On". WHAT Noooo!!!! well like this song

8. Baha Men, "Who Let The Dogs Out?". This is the coolest song.

9. Right Said Fred, "I'm Too Sexy".

It's just these songs got played too many times that people got bored and never want to hear them anymore.
Truly bad songs wouldn't appear on such list cause almost nobody knows them.

They are all awful, but I would be tempted to put in a Spice Girls song, also Scatman and that Blue song. The one that goes like; I'm blue dabodidabodi. Over and over again.

1. Aqua, "Barbie Girl"
6. Hanson, "MMMBop"

All the songs are now legendary and most people do know them, songs of the 00´s and contemporary songs... are mostly ridiculous and they dont have the Xfactor for being legendary..., in 10 years.... nobody will know them... and 95% of them will be lost in history... because of the huge amounts of new artists

Yeah some of the worst 90s songs that I hate are Barbie Girl & Hanson's MMBop I mean at first I kinda like the songs when I was a kid gorwning up but now they ummm...:evil:

Back