Rodney Jerkins has TII rehearsals on film

Nobody said they're talking about TII rehearsals.

You put 2 and 2 together to get 5.

Nobody said they're talking about TII rehearsals.

You put 2 and 2 together to get 5.

lol, I'd rather wait till the film is officially released in October the quality will be more than likely better

He let him record THEIR rehearsals, unless Rodney Jerkins was involved with This is it then they arent talking about the TTI rehearsals.

yeah good point, i jumped to a conclusion, but in the video he was talking about TII about 5 seconds before he said "he let me tape every session, so i have some of the best footage...". he could have been talking about when he worked with him on invincible.

btw, he said he will upload the clips he has to darkchild.com, so it's either michael in studio or some rehearsal footage

yeah good point, i jumped to a conclusion, but in the video he was talking about TII about 5 seconds before he said "he let me tape every session, so i have some of the best footage...". he could have been talking about when he worked with him on invincible.

btw, he said he will upload the clips he has to darkchild.com, so it's either michael in studio or some rehearsal footage

Yeah filmed while Mike was recording Invincible?

WOOWWWWWWW! That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! To see the Master at work! Great !!

i love seeing artists rehearse so the more the better. over the years ive seen clips of abba, madonna and many other favorites and they are so different when rehearsing and its always a thrill

i love seeing artists rehearse so the more the better. over the years ive seen clips of abba, madonna and many other favorites and they are so different when rehearsing and its always a thrill

Michael was rehearsing the Invincible album in the studio?? Doesen´t make any sense.

He was recording the album but how can someone rehears an album recording??????????

Mega Music Producer Videotaped Michael Jackson Rehearsals!

Rodney Jerkins tells filmmaker, that Michael Jackson allowed him to record their reheasal sessions.

Plus, Jerkins has music that he and Michael produced that was never released! Learn when they last worked together!

Watch our interview, which includes coverage of Michael Jackson's Neverland contents!

Mega Music Producer Videotaped Michael Jackson Rehearsals!

Rodney Jerkins tells filmmaker, that Michael Jackson allowed him to record their reheasal sessions.

Plus, Jerkins has music that he and Michael produced that was never released! Learn when they last worked together!

Watch our interview, which includes coverage of Michael Jackson's Neverland contents!

????????????????????????????????????????

What is a rehearsal session???????????????????

Michael was rehearsing the Invincible album in the studio?? Doesen´t make any sense.

He was recording the album but how can someone rehears an album recording??????????

Quite easily, they rehearse their vocals a few times or many times before they lay down the final track...

yeah often artists record the studio versions they use on tour, which often they sing over live when on stage. many artists do it.

ive heard several different rehearsals of when artists are in the studio, sometimes they are laughing or talking to other people. abba released some demos they did years ago and you could hear them trying out different songs like rock me, which was called baby (of all things!). the rehearsals can be a lot of fun because you get to see the artists at work and its amazing.

You must think that musicians just go in the studio and just start recording songs out of thin air. Poof, instant song ready to release, lol.

Rodney videotaped the recording sessions for Invincible. Go to http://www.michaeljacksoninsider.com/ and you'll find the video of Rodney Jerkins talking about it. He also says there are more songs he recorded with Michael that have never been released. In the video's you also see a fragment of a woman with a text below claiming it is Michael's ex-girlfriend. Don't know what to think about that. Pretty girl though. Check it our for yourself. :)

BTW, I went to the weblink and they show that DVD cover ''The trial and triumph...'' I've seen that in stores, is it worth it, looks like very unnofficial, what is it about exactly, any of you got this one?

I'm not the biggest fan of Michael's collaborations with Jerkins (Unbreakable was awesome though and deserved to be the lead single IMO) but like any fan, of course, I'm curious about unreleased material/rehearsals. But I wonder, did Michael give Jerkins permission to release it or was it understood that the material would remain private?

Last edited:
with studio rehearsals there can be several versions. case in point - the demos for billie jean and starlight/thriller. likewise before they tour many artists do studio versions of the songs they will be performing on stage.

yeah often artists record the studio versions they use on tour, which often they sing over live when on stage. many artists do it.

ive heard several different rehearsals of when artists are in the studio, sometimes they are laughing or talking to other people. abba released some demos they did years ago and you could hear them trying out different songs like rock me, which was called baby (of all things!). the rehearsals can be a lot of fun because you get to see the artists at work and its amazing.
I'm a lil confused here. By the "session" footage, does Rodney mean
(1) the Invincible session (which means it was filmed years ago),

or

(2) recording session where studio versions were recorded to prepare for TII (which means it was filmed recently)

or (3) maybe clips from both session (I don't think this is likely to be the case, tho)

Last edited:
i cant access the original article but it might be a little of both (my hope anyway) basically with rehearsals when an artist is rehearsing for the tour they will go into the studio and lay down several studio versions of the songs they are going to perform on tour (so there might be for example thriller raw tour vocal, and then later thriller studio tour version mixed). often at rehearsal for the show they do it raw/live (so the artist can hear how everyone is sounding - everything will be live, the backup singers, the main artist, the band) and then when they do the actual show, often theres the studio version playing underneath their live vocal (often dance-orientated performers like michael and madonna etc do this because theres just so much dancing involved during a 2hour show)

im really really hoping its footage from the studio though. that would be fantastic! alot of the artists often joke around when they are in the studio trying out different pitches (in their voice range) so it can be kinda goofy. and sometimes its not what you imagine at all of them doing their songs in the studio - i remember seeing footage of celine dion in the studio and she was giggling and laughing and mucking around but then she would push her shoulders back and let rip with the vocal and it was like whoa! the lady can sing)

I don't think he has TTI rehearsals. Don Lemon interviewed him for MAN IN THE MIRROR on CNN and Rodney seemed to be very surprised that MJ was doing 50 shows so it does not seem like he was involved with Mike recently. He had great things to say about Mike in that show.

hope we can see his full stuff AFTER the cinema film...
i am sure its great..

thx for news

Back