Rod Temperton

billyworld99

Proud Member
i think he's a great song writer and i watch the unsung episode of heatwave and looked into his work he has a great catalog of song he wrote for others

Temperton wrote/co-wrote for the following singers/bands:[9][10]

Michael Jackson: "Rock with You", "Off the Wall", "Burn This Disco Out", "Baby Be Mine", "The Lady in My Life", "Thriller", "Someone in the Dark", "Hot Street".
Heatwave: "Boogie Nights", "Always and Forever", "The Groove Line", "Gangsters of the Groove", "Lettin' It Loose", "Keep Tomorrow for Me", "Party Suite"
James Ingram & Michael McDonald: "Yah Mo B There".
Tamia: "You Put a Move on My Heart".
Rufus: "Masterjam", "Live In Me".
The Brothers Johnson: "Stomp!" and "Treasure" "Light up the Night", "All About The Heaven".
Donna Summer: "Love Is in Control (Finger on the Trigger)", "Livin' In America" and "Love Is Just A Breath Away".
Quincy Jones: "The Dude", "Razzamatazz", "Somethin' Special", "Turn On The Action", "The Secret Garden" and "Back On The Block", "You Put a Move on My Heart" and "Q's Jook Joint".
Herbie Hancock: "Lite Me Up", "Getting To The Good Part", "Motor Mouth".
Aretha Franklin: "Livin' In The Streets".
Jeffrey Osborne: "We Belong To Love" (which Temperton also produced).
Bob James: "Sign Of The Times" and "The Steamin' Feelin'".
The Manhattan Transfer: "Mystery", "The Spice Of Life", from their Bodies and Souls album.
George Benson: Give Me the Night LP, including "Love x Love", "Turn Out the Lamplight" and the title track.
James Ingram: "One More Rhythm" from his It's Your Night LP (also includes "Yah Mo B There").
Anita Baker: "Mystery" from her Rapture album.
Patti Austin: Every Home Should Have One LP; "Do You Love Me?", "The Genie", "Baby, Come To Me" (with James Ingram).
Second Image: "Lights Out" on Strange Reflections
Michael McDonald: "Sweet Freedom".
Stephanie Mills: "Time of Your Life" and "Hold On to Midnight".
Karen Carpenter: "Lovelines" and "If We Try".
LL Cool J featuring Boyz II Men: "Hey Lover" (Temperton listed as co-writer for sampled section from Michael Jackson's "The Lady in My Life").
Mica Paris: "Love Keeps Coming Back", "Two in a Million", & "You Put A Move On My Heart".
Mýa: "Man in my Life".
Klymaxx: "Man-Size Love".
C+C Music Factory: "Share That Beat of Love".
Angie Stone: "Lovers' Ghetto" from her Stone Love album.
Mariah Carey: "I'm That Chick" (Temperton listed as co-writer for sampled section from Michael Jackson's "Off the Wall") from her E=MC² album.

Great list. I thought he wrote Human Nature as well?
Oh well, thanks for posting!

Well, when I looked it up, Temperton was only listed for the 3 you mentioned. but I am almost positive in the Thriller album with interviews, Quincy says that Rod contributed 4 songs. And they kept them all??

Back