Rod Temperton

analogue

Proud Member
Has Rod Temperton made any recent comments about MJ? The last comment i heard him make on MJ was when he said that Stranger In Moscow was the best song Michael has ever written

I would love to see a new Rod Temperton song on the new album.He writes such beautiful songs and Mike sings them incredibly!

Same here. Rod did a great job on Off the Wall and Thriller

Rock with you is one of my favorite jams of all time

I would love to see a new Rod Temperton song on the new album.He writes such beautiful songs and Mike sings them incredibly!

me too! we need to get rod on the new album (lol- like WE could really get him on)

rod is an amazing songwriter/producer

Anyone know if Temperton is still writing songs? Or what he's up to these days?

I've been investigating his stuff, and I must say, I'm extremely impressed.

Rod keeps a pretty low profile and always did. He's one of the best behind the scenes guys in R&B history

Rod Temperton writes some awesome songs, i mean he wrote Thriller
and i love Rock with you, it is one of my favourites, and probably my favourite from the Off The Wall album

Hmm, I think the writing credit to Temperton on the Mariah tune I'm That Chick from her new album is because of the Off The Wall sample.

Is this Temperton in this video? On keyboards on the right, with the beard? Performing here are Rufus & Chaka Khan, and the song is Temperton's 'Masterjam'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx0mAkBkDw4

Here's another Temperton tune for Rufus; Live In Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8-a2kAEa80

Ooh, love this one. :clapping: Part of it sounds like his song Burn This Disco Out.

Last edited:
I love Rod Temperton's work on OTW and Thriller, and on other artists' albums as well. I think my favorite Rod Tempteron-written song from OTW is Rock With You, and my favorite on Thriller is probably Lady in My Life. I also love that Rufus song Masterjam as well. I think he's a fantastic songwriter, IMO.

Back