Rihanna Scores her 14th #1 Dance/Club Track

billyworld99

Proud Member
Rihanna-.png

S&M,' PART 1: As it rebounds 4-3 as the Hot 100's Airplay Gainer for a second consecutive week, "S&M" marks Rihanna's 14th No. 1 on Dance/Club Play Songs, where it rises 2-1.

The coronation ties Rihanna with Beyonce for fifth place among artists with the chart's most leaders. Here is a look at the acts with the most No. 1s since Dance/Club Play Songs launched as a national survey the week of Aug. 28, 1976:

Total Dance/ Club No. 1s, Artist
40, Madonna
19, Janet Jackson
15, Mariah Carey
15, Kristine W
14, Beyonce
14, Rihanna

source: billboard.com

I think she's wasting her actual talent with all these catchy club B.S. songs. She does have a great voice, I really liked Rihanna before her whole "good girl gone bad" sort of attitude in her music...

AndreyZidane™;3314790 said:
I think she's wasting her actual talent with all these catchy club B.S. songs. She does have a great voice, I really liked Rihanna before her whole "good girl gone bad" sort of attitude in her music...

I know that's your opinion but I couldn't disagree more. Rihanna has a terrible whiny, nasally off-key voice. It's no wonder she can't give away tickets to her tour. Sorry to sound like such a hater, but that's really how I feel. However, congrats to the dance #1's.

^I think she has a very unique voice, which is really one of the only things she's got going for her. Some of her performances are good... (by mainstream standards ofc)

...when compared to:

She's engaging in the first, absolutely boring in the second. It's amazing, how much difference the meaning (or lack thereof) of a song actually makes. "Unfaithful" is such a powerful piece, and probably the only Rihanna song I can actually say I like. When compared to the stuff she's doing now, though, the decline in quality is apparent. It doesn't really help that she's got no stage presence at all, nor even interesting back-up dancers.

Back