Rihanna Now Sold 120 Million Records WorldWide!

billyworld99

Proud Member
It was Stated in the introduction video before she performed on X factor last night, that's pretty amazing with her only being out six years and just 23 years old. she's already one of the best selling female artists of all time, has 11# 1's singles in U.S., the fifth female with the most top ten hits, tied with michael with most weeks at #1 (37 weeks) Congrats Rihanna

That sounds like an exaggeration..........she's only released 5 albums.........

I don't think that figure is correct tbh, but even it is then I am not surprised, because she has a new album out like every year and despite having ten No 1 singles on Hot 100, she is yet to hit the summit at Billboard 200.

120 million? I don't think it's possible in 7 years of career.
According to wiki, I know it's not a great source but there is stated that she sold 20 million albums and 60 million singles.

Seems like PR talk.

Also if artists like Rhianna can be so big it just shows the sad state of the music industry currently.

I checked all of her albums on Wikipedia and there's no way she sold 120 million.

Her albums so far:

Loud 8 million
Rated R 3 million
Good Girl Gone Bad ~7-8 million
A Girl like Me ~2-3 million
Music of the Sun ~1 million

That would make it around ~23-25 million at maximum!

And which one of her albums spent 37 weeks at Nr 1. on the Billboard chart?

Last edited:
Well in that case, Michael's sales are at 1.5billion!!!!!

I like Rihanna but no way. There are legendary singers and artists out there that have not managed to sell this much even on the golden days of record sells and even with more discography that Rihanna. Nice publicity trick though.

Its a sad day for music when Rihanna is listed as one of the best selling female artists of all time, and I don't think its true anyway, she hasn't even had a number one album on the hot 100 yet, but then again its her singles which are the sellers not the albums.

That's a total BS lie! No way in hell that's even remotely accurate. That PR bull.

Well... its called - media propaganda, the same as MJ has for his 750 mill. records, as well as the Beatles and Elvis 1 billion mark...., simply BS.

On the other hand, artists like Rihanna can have the precise number statistics..., because of the new era of downloads...., so not only that something is - estimated...

Hey guys L.A. Reid had confirmed and one of the guys from chart news confirmed that this was accurate online. Chart news the guy who reports record sales every artist you can think of said that they counted her physical & digital albums (including the remix album she put out), singles, ringtones (its seems like record companies now count them into record sales) and music video sales from itunes

Now lets break it down
Rihanna Record Sales
23 million albums
70 million singles
the other 27 million is from her ringtones, music videos, and digital album sales

She has NOT sold that number. It's not confirmed. It's BS! The singles are a little more believable (but still not true) and Rihanna has never sold albums. Where did that 23 million come from when she struggles time and time again to go platinum? Tell me, how is it possible? I am so sick of labels and fans fudging and making up numbers to fluff up their fluff artists. Gaga doesn't even claim to have sold that much and we all know she's sold more than Rihanna, both singles AND albums.

Last edited:
OK, but this way BillyWorld, Michael since 2009 has sold (including albums, singles, ringtones, music videos, and digital album sales + Jackson5/Jacksons records) maybe 120 million records or more, and its also based on accurate numbers...., why there is not the MJ record sales thread updated? SmoothCriminal was excelent in updating.

OK, but this way BillyWorld, Michael since 2009 has sold (including albums, singles, ringtones, music videos, and digital album sales + Jackson5/Jacksons records) maybe 120 million records or more, and its also based on accurate numbers...., why there is not the MJ record sales thread updated? SmoothCriminal was excelent in updating.

yeah he did sell over 100 million units in 2 years, but smoothcriminal haven't been on here for some time to gives us updates

Really dont care for her AT ALL................The numbers r most likely to be lies that someone made up.

No one should believe it because it's simply not true. Rihanna is most popular in the US and even here she can barely go platinum. She's not a big international artist so someone please enlighten us how she could possibly sell 23 million albums. That would suggest each album sold at least 5 million and that's obviously IMPOSSIBLE. I'll give her the singles but even that I know isn't accurate either. The albums number fudging bugs me the most.

Hey guys L.A. Reid had confirmed and one of the guys from chart news confirmed that this was accurate online. Chart news the guy who reports record sales every artist you can think of said that they counted her physical & digital albums (including the remix album she put out), singles, ringtones (its seems like record companies now count them into record sales) and music video sales from itunes

Now lets break it down
Rihanna Record Sales
23 million albums
70 million singles
the other 27 million is from her ringtones, music videos, and digital album sales

If they count it this way Michael sold this much in only two years as well.

You also said "she's tied with michael with most weeks at #1 (37 weeks)".

Again I ask which one of her albums spent 37 weeks #1 on Billboard? Because it was Thriller that spent 37 weeks #1 on Billboard (not Michael altogether).

The X Factor has a history of inflating figures so I would not read anything into this. However she has sold a lot so congrats to her!

Yeah...blatantly not true in the slightest. I have no idea why they even bother trying to pull that crap, just looks ridiculous.

LOVE Rihanna though.

Back