Richest Dead Celeb? No, Not Jackson. Whats Going On?

KB50MJ

Proud Member
Now I really don't get this. This article is saying that Forbes says that MJ made $90 million this year.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Forbes/TopEarningDeadCelebrities.aspx

But there has been many sources in the last few months that said MJ made WAY over $100 million a long time ago. And Just recently its been reported that MJ has whipped out his debt, which means that he had to have made at least $400 million this year.

Whats going on?

According to the article, the rankings went from Oct to Oct. The compilation would have been done before TII even came out in theaters. So and deals made from Oct onward are not included. I think since the movie came out it has made a significant dent in his debt.

But on a side note, we really have no idea how much debt MJ was in. It is all media speculation. However, since the executors of the estate say the estate is solvent, then I guess we have no reason to doubt them. I think we will have to wait and see once all law suits are dealt with.

60 mill. from Sony Pictures + 80 mill. from selling records and all the units + at least 75 mill. from This Is It Movie + 50 mill. merchandise... = approx. 265 mill. dollars this year... + his annual income from Sony/ATV min. 40 mill. ... and many other sources of his income.

But again, this is the media agenda to reduce MJs success and his status of a powerful entertainment leader.

Maybe I'm just over reacting or something but I feel pretty uncomfortable with them comparing the wealth of dead celebrities. :unsure:

Maybe I'm just over reacting or something but I feel pretty uncomfortable with them comparing the wealth of dead celebrities. :unsure:

EXACTLY.

I could care less if Michael is not the richest DEAD celebrity... I just want him back! :(

If it wasn't for his kids I couldn't care less about the money the estate is earning.
It's just meaningless now that he is not here to enjoy his hard work.

EXACTLY.

I could care less if Michael is not the richest DEAD celebrity... I just want him back! :(

I agree with you both. I would have loved for him to become this rich in alive. It really is unconformable to me. I hate competition like this.

Absolutely true, but for anyone that does care the reason Yves Saint Laurent estate has accumulated so much money this year was because all of his assets were sold off by the estate, including properties and business interests. However as the above poster said, its not a fricking competition, and you lot going on about the media conspiracy, grow up once and for all. Not everyone is out to get MJ. Fans like you give us the image of being hysterical.

Absolutely true, but for anyone that does care the reason Yves Saint Laurent estate has accumulated so much money this year was because all of his assets were sold off by the estate, including properties and business interests. However as the above poster said, its not a fricking competition, and you lot going on about the media conspiracy, grow up once and for all. Not everyone is out to get MJ. Fans like you give us the image of being hysterical.

I agree man, does the poster even know about YSL

Back