Rev. Sharpton wants a commemorative stamp

ClassX

Proud Member
The Rev. Al Sharpton said yesterday at a church in Los Angeles that he is requesting that the U.S. Postal Service issue a Michael Jackson commemorative stamp, E! Online reports. The USPS typically requires a five-year waiting period after a death before issuing stamps. Sharpton also called for a national day of mourning, urging people to gather in schools, community centers, and churches to pay tribute to the singer on Tuesday, when a public memorial service will be held at L.A.'s Staples Center.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/07/michael-jackson-rev-sharpton-wants-a-commemorative-stamp.html

hes right on many of his points. I would collect the stamp a hundred times over.

My mom and I were talking about Rev Al and all he's doing for MJ the other day, And I said I don't know what his motives are but I'm glad somebody is out there trying to get what is due to MJ.
somebody needs to combat the non-sense and If its Rev Al that has to do it so be it.

In the USA, a person has to be deceased 10 years before getting a stamp. Sharpton ran for president, it seems he should know this, unless that policy has been changed.

Michael does deserve a USA stamp, he's one of the gods of America and has done a lot of good spreading American culture around the world. Even countries that hate America love Michael Jackson, and that's something Barack Obama will never achieve on the scale Michael did.

Sounds like a wonderful tribute, i'd certainly get one

In the USA, a person has to be deceased 10 years before getting a stamp. Sharpton ran for president, it seems he should know this, unless that policy has been changed.

Sharpton ran for Prez?!:scratch:

Whatever the case may be, Mike should git one...even if it takes 50.

Not Mike related but I got one of Sinatra! He's soo dreamy! Course Mike's stamp will be even better cuz he's Michael Jackson..just sayin'

Sharpton ran for Prez?!:scratch:

Whatever the case may be, Mike should git one...even if it takes 50.

Not Mike related but I got one of Sinatra! He's soo dreamy! Course Mike's stamp will be even better cuz he's Michael Jackson..just sayin'
Yes, he ran for the democratic ticket this last election. So did cranky Gary Coleman from 'Different Strokes', lol.

Michael does deserve a USA stamp, he's one of the gods of America and has done a lot of good spreading American culture around the world. Even countries that hate America love Michael Jackson, and that's something Barack Obama will never achieve on the scale Michael did.

quoted, bolded and increased in size for truth!

For what it's worth, I believe he'll get a stamp. Not sure when, but there WILL BE A MICHAEL JACKSON commemorative stamp.

Sharpton has always seemed a bit sleazy to me always gloaming on to people and issues in the news so he gets his face on TV - maybe I'm just to cynical.

Oh, and I'm sure there will be a stamp issued and even waiting 5 years seems OK and it would be a nice anniversary tribute.

A national day of morning? That seems a little over the top to me, even for MJ.

Sorry soo off topic but... MJ being dead for 10 years? How am I gonna survive 10 years....without...aw forget it.

PS: I would SOOO get the stamps!!:yes:

Back