Reuters, Yahoo & TMZ: AllGood Ent Threatens To Stop O2 Concerts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TMZ: Michael's London Shows In Jeopardy

It doesn't make any sense to wait until July 2010. Just gets weirder & weirder by the second.

Last edited:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A music promoter plans to sue to block Michael Jackson from performing in London this year, claiming that a contract signed by the "king of pop" prevents him from giving a concert until July 2010, the head of the promotion company said on Monday.

New Jersey-based AllGood Entertainment Inc contends it signed an agreement in November with Jackson's manager, Frank DeLeo, committing the singer to perform in July 2010 along with his brothers from the Jackson Five and sister Janet Jackson.

Under the agreement, Michael Jackson cannot give another concert until that Jackson Family reunion show, said Patrick Allocco, managing partner at AllGood Entertainment.

AllGood Entertainment sent a cease and desist letter to Jackson in March warning him not to perform a series of 50 shows in London's 02 Arena with concert promoter AEG that are scheduled to begin in July, Allocco said.

Representatives for Jackson and AEG did not return calls.

Allocco said his company's plans to sue in federal court come after failed attempts to negotiate with Jackson and reach a deal to allow the London shows to go ahead.

"As of right now we've gotten zero cooperation from anyone, Frank DeLeo refuses to honor our agreement and that's why we're filing a lawsuit by week's end," Allocco said.

AllGood Entertainment said that its one-time concert featuring Michael Jackson is scheduled for July 3, 2010, at Texas Stadium in Irving, Texas. The concert would be available as a pay-per-view event over the Internet, Allocco said.

Jackson could make up to $30 million for the show, Allocco said.

"Thirty million for one show is unheard of, that's why we're so frustrated," he said. "Frank DeLeo is standing in our way. AEG has been constantly frustrating our ability to get this show."

Jackson's series of concerts in London also have been touted as unprecedented. AEG has said that, all together, the shows will gather the biggest audience ever to see an artist in one city.

(Editing by Dan Whitcomb and Bill Trott)
http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE54A5CY20090511

NOT GOOD. NOT GOOD AT ALL.

Unless this is settled, what will happen is the company will get what is called an injunction against Michael Jackson and AEG which will prevent any concert from moving forward. AEG dealt with Tohme and AllGood with DiLeo. This is seriously fucked. The Joe brings in Rowe to clean this "mess up" and Rowe announces that he's Michael's manager. :doh:

NOT GOOD FOLKS.

so it is true is that what it all comes down to?

google AEG live there will be one on their site no doubt

I wonder if Janet knows that she is going to be performing a concert in Texas sometime in July 2010.

This must really be a BIG secret, because even Jermaine Dupree hasn't said anything and he "sort of" has a big mouth also. (No offense.)

exactly whom do you want to contact?

AEG Live. Allow me to freak out and not take it for a joke because this situation is not a joke anymore for any of the people who have been waiting for this a whole life. I can't even write anymore, this is it (they made it happen!)

NOT GOOD. NOT GOOD AT ALL.

Unless this is settled, what will happen is the company will get what is called an injunction against Michael Jackson and AEG which will prevent any concert from moving forward. AEG dealt with Tohme and AllGood with DiLeo. This is seriously fucked. The Joe brings in Rowe to clean this "mess up" and Rowe announces that he's Michael's manager. :doh:

NOT GOOD FOLKS.

Alternativly you could look at the fact they contacted MJ and AEG in March, if either side was that worried they would have paid more attention and come to a agreement. Instead you feel the need to create more drama yawn

why does feel like everythings about to fall down in MJ world ? :S

but fingers crossed this gets sorted asap (Y)

It doesn't make any sense to wait until July 2010. Just gets wierder & wierder by the second.

Yes! It's just one fucking show on the other side of the world! MJ is doing solo shows in Europe and it's supposed to be a Jacksons show in the US! 2 totally different things! I understand that a contract or agreement, if there is one, is just that, but those two things wouldn't interfere with each other whatsoever!

I (MJJR.net) have just received a number of official documents regarding this matter, including contract and more, and will share them or the information within them shortly.

I hope you wil comeback with good news

Alternativly you could look at the fact they contacted MJ and AEG in March, if either side was that worried they would have paid more attention and come to a agreement. Instead you feel the need to create more drama yawn

No my dear... the facts are the facts. It's a jacked up situation if they go to federal court and get a temporary injunction against Michael because of different managers doing different crap. Don't come at me like that sweetheart...

I was more confused now. lol! :scratch:That this strange story. "Frank DeLeo"? "Jackson Family Reunion"? I do not remember it. Hummmm but when the contract was signed? Well, I think the events of that time the contract is no longer valid or am I wrong?

Why where Michael is planning something something happens to him panic? Sometimes I think it is on purpose... :( I will strengthen my prayers for Michael so that everything is resolved quickly and no one comes out injured. :angel:​

TSCM - we're WAITING....(taps foot impatiently)

And this, my dears, is the real reason why I am an MJ fan. All the drama...all the time. Who needs "All My Children" or "One Life To Live"??

Okay, if AllGoodEntertainment contacted Michael and AEG back in March about this, obviously Michael nor AEG were concerned as they BOTH have gone ahead with preparations for these concerts! They state that a concert was planned in Texas (why Texas?) for July2010....somebody better start talking as to how all this mess happened 'cause Michael said he would not be performing with his brothers back in late 2008 so what the f#@%! is going on here!

can injunctions even be implemented when its in another country. theres no duristiction there.

I wonder if Janet knows that she is going to be performing a concert in Texas sometime in July 2010.

This must really be a BIG secret, because even Jermaine Dupree hasn't said anything and he "sort of" has a big mouth also. (No offense.)
even jerm dont know lol

why oh why must poor mike have all this drama?!

No my dear... the facts are the facts. It's a jacked up situation if they go to federal court and get a temporary injunction against Michael because of different managers doing different crap. Don't come at me like that sweetheart...

Facts are facts, they contacted MJ and AEG in March. They have got nowhere dealing with either, now reading between the lines I would guess if this was somthing to get really worried about they would have sorted it out then and pulled out all the stops to reach a mutual agreement.

:mello: Yeeaaaah....I think I'm just gunna wait for some word from the MJ camp.

Agreed, some people in here are only adding to the drama. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. And to however wants to contact AEG, please, do you honestly thinks its your place? Please dont do that.

The Reuters article suggests that AEG were already aware of this supposed one off Texas show before the O2 announcement. Still, Im not convinced that his shows are in jeopardy over this, it will be resolved in some way.

Why does this always happen to MJ? He really needs a real manager to sort out his affairs. I can't understand why this is all only happening now, why didn't they come out sooner? Also Jermaine and Tito need to leave MJ alone.

Why didn't these people say anything when MJ said he didn't want to do a reunion tour. AEG and MJ need to pt out a statement now and fast. It's not fair to the fans and non fans who bought tickets and have been loking forward to this.

Well AEG's headquarters are in Los Angeles, so it would fall under U.S.A. federal jurisdiction.
but i mean the concerts are happening in the UK. a court ruling in the US stopping something from happeing in the UK i wouldnt think you could ( just a guess)

the whole thing sounds totally fake imo anyway.

$10 says this will all get worked out

so as Guy would say....

Let's Chilllllllllllll!

in the reuters article about this it states that they were not recieving word back from Michael, AEG or FRANK. Im guessing its nothing to be too worried about otherwise they would have delt with this in March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back