Resume: I really need some help

BillieJean84

Proud Member
I really don't know what to put in the section with 'Relevent Experience' ; all I would be doing is repeating myself from 'Qualifications'

please help

Tiffany Wise

Objective
My objective is to help the business any way I can and am willing to learn new tasks in an new environment and helping people.

Qualifications
For the past two and half years, I have worked in an office as a chiropractor’s assistant and front desk clerk answering phones, faxing papers, filing papers, greeting people, scheduling appointments. As the assistant I was in the back with the chiropractor meeting people’s needs and tending to the patients taking the patients back, making acupuncture kits and making the heat packs. I am good with computers and Word. I can type up to 75 wpm.

Education
I graduated from Brooke Point High school in Stafford County in 2002 and have spent three years at Northern Virginia Community College. My major was American Sign Language Interpreting.

Relevant Experience
It gives me great pleasure that I can help people and learn new concepts.

Other Experience
Although I have had other jobs previously, being a receptionist and a doctor’s assistant has helped me be more patient, more social, outgoing and somewhat more of a leader. I enjoy working with the public.

References Available Upon Request​

If you have done similar work in the past that is what you should include under relevant experience. This could include volunteer work as well. Instead of merely repeating yourself, emphasize the experiences as they directly relate to the posted job announcement/description.

With relevant experience, maybe you can give some actual examples to give your resume some boost. ;) Use the job description's criteria as a basis, list them in dot points and include examples under them.

AmberR definitely posted some great links...if you still need any help, drop me a PM over the weekend. Since I need to rebuild my resume for the new year, I'll be glad to assist another person where necessary!

yes if anyone else needs help with resume writing, this is the thread for you. As I do.

Back