Remember Michael was an innovator

analogue

Proud Member
What i don't understand is why so many people here are saying that MJ needs a current sounding song released as a single to fit in with today's current music scene. Are some people forgotten that Mike was an innovator who didn't follow trends but instead set them?

If the music is great then people will love it. Not if the rap/beat sounds current.

Michael never wanted to fit in. He wanted to be different. He wanted to shock the world.

and here's a quote from Michael himself

''Great music isn't about the hot beats that will be here today and gone tommorrow. It's about the melodies that will last a life time''

Agree, I never undrestood why people kept saying "Behind The Mask" shouldn't be released as a single because... it wouldn't fit in in today's music scene. Like you said, Michael was about being different and innovating. Who cares if idiots like Justin Bieber's fans won't like it, there are 120% more Michael Jackson fans that would like it.

''Great music isn't about the hot beats that will be here today and gone tommorrow. It's about the melodies that will last a life time''

I liked this phrase! I guess that's what made and still makes Michael so special. In 100 years, nobody will know who was Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber, but Michael Jackson, well... "he's forever".

But I think you're wrong when you say people will buy "innovator" songs, I think that time is gone for now, and, since the people who hold Michael's music today only think about sell, and sell no-matter-what NOW, they'll keep scr**ing his songs to fit them into "today's music". Actually, they're trying to make him a "modern music artist", like the ones you can see on MTV. That's really sad, because Michael's place is by the side of James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Prince, and the other GENIOUS, not along talentless and mediocre "artists", who were made by the media and the "music" industry (and will be, aswell, thrown into the trash by them!).

That's the why I say: They [Sony and the estate] are doing an outrage against Michael Jackson's legacy!

Exactly right. Why should a current sound be needed to fit in on the charts? If it sounds good to you then great - you're just one more person who likes it.

95% of the music I listen to doesn't sound modern at all but it's lasted 30-60 years, so chances are it's gonna go for another 25 at the very least. Then the newer records I have don't sound modern, they have that old-style blues sound to them so they last.

As did all MJ's stuff. Sure, it doesn't sound current but it sure as hell shouldn't with the crap on the charts and iTunes that lasts a week. There's a good reason he only put a record out every four years.

What i don't understand is why so many people here are saying that MJ needs a current sounding song released as a single to fit in with today's current music scene. Are some people forgotten that Mike was an innovator who didn't follow trends but instead set them?

If the music is great then people will love it. Not if the rap/beat sounds current.

Michael never wanted to fit in. He wanted to be different. He wanted to shock the world.

and here's a quote from Michael himself

i think its an illusion that he was all about innovation.
it just fits in with all the hyped talk about being the best, on top of everything etc blah.

lets get real for a second.
he was a mainstream artist. OF COURSE he wanted to fit in. but being the best and most innovative IN THAT FIELD at the same time.

most of the people who think he was so innovative probably don't know much besides what mainstream offers them anyway...

Last edited:
Back