Remastered CD Quality

snapware

Proud Member
Hey guys, how do you like the remastered quality vs. the original CD that most of us probably have?

Awful. I prefer the 2001 Special Edition. Michael knew his work, he was the executive producer of the project.

The 2012 version is way too loud and therefore a lot of loss of the dynamics.

Awful. I prefer the 2001 Special Edition. Michael knew his work, he was the executive producer of the project.

The 2012 version is way too loud and therefore a lot of loss of the dynamics.

Real bad distortion too. It just doesn't sound good.

Nothing beats the original cd pressing, but that's low in volume. I like the 2001 SE, but my cd has a small glitch during the first couple of seconds of Bad so I never play it. The cd's not damaged, it's just the way it's been recorded. I tried another copy in the store and it had the same thing.

I prefer the 2001 over the first pressing, soundwise.
I prefer the original mixes over the later ones.
don't like the 25th remaster. like its been said, made again more louder, distortions and alot more audible hiss/white noise compared to the 2001.

Yeah, it's not very good. MJ deserves better. I can't believe the loudness war is still going on. Shame that this how Bad will be heard for the foreseeable future.

It is a shame but actually
I always hear that remastered versions
will never have the same quality
as the originals, especially nowadays.

Off topic, but the Invincible casette (Yes, I bought tape in 2001) was the worst of all. Very low sound and a huge hiss noise.

The original for the original versions, but I do like how the 2001 SE sounds. The new one is not that bad though... Not great, but certainly not great.... Heard alot worse remasters by other artists. And Thriller 25 was worse than Bad 25 is IMO!

I don't know, haven't heard the usual songs (from Bad to Leave Me Alone) just the unreleased material and also the bonus tracks that the 2001 version originally had. IMO Fly Away doesn't sound bad at all, but like I said I haven't copied the original disc to my computer..I'm curious now.

The original for the original versions, but I do like how the 2001 SE sounds. The new one is not that bad though... Not great, but certainly not great.... Heard alot worse remasters by other artists. And Thriller 25 was worse than Bad 25 is IMO!

And that's an opinion I can not agree with.

Thriller 25 was was a remarkable remaster. Unmistakably good!

Back