Release of the early tours - what are the chances?

HIStory

Proud Member
I'd really like to see the Victory, Triumph and Destiny Tours on DVD/Blue Ray. Do you think the Estate has HQ material to do it?

I hope so. I'd love to see a blu ray box set of

1. Destiny Tour
2. Victory Tour
3. Bad Tour (1987)
4. Bad Tour (1988) - It's doesn't have to be Wembley. Any show will do
5. Dangerous Tour (Any of the shows that include Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel in the setlist with a 1993 performance of Dangerous as a bonus feature)
6. HIStory Tour (Brunei, Kuala Lumper or Bucharest with a performance of Blood On The Dance Floor as a bonus feature. NO MUNICH!)

Last edited:
That would be great, id love them to release a lot more concert dvds, early ones and HIStory, i havent seen much from that tour at all apart from the odd clip on yt

That would be great, id love them to release a lot more concert dvds, early ones and HIStory, i havent seen much from that tour at all apart from the odd clip on yt

You haven't seen much from HIStory Tour? There are full concerts of that tour all over youtube

You haven't seen much from HIStory Tour? There are full concerts of that tour all over youtube

I know but my computer often messes up when im on youtube, makes the videos stick and and the video goes out of sync with the sound and i just cant sit through a long video like that lol

someone has victory tour toronto in hq but isnt selling, just wants to trade a concert which is as rare...
its a shame..

What about the Triumph Tour? Michael sounded awesome there!

I would love to see any of the Destiny, Triumph or Victory tours released on DVD before I die. Or even a J5 concert, I was watching clips recently and their live performances were on fire! Victory might be possible. Didn't Michael own one of those concerts? But I don't know about the others...but they should be released in a collectors package because I don't think the general public would buy them.

I hope so. I'd love to see a blu ray box set of

1. Destiny Tour
2. Victory Tour
3. Bad Tour (1987)
4. Bad Tour (1988) - It's doesn't have to be Wembley. Any show will do
5. Dangerous Tour (Any of the shows that include Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel in the setlist with a 1993 performance of Dangerous as a bonus feature)
6. HIStory Tour (Brunei, Kuala Lumper or Bucharest with a performance of Blood On The Dance Floor as a bonus feature. NO MUNICH!)

kermit.gif

And Triumph Tour too! :wild:

Technology has spoiled us guys lol Blu ray is VERY unlikely. Estate has no Full bad tour Film footage. Victory Tour to my knowledge was only recorded on Tape therefore only DVD is possible. Anything prior to Bad era the estate might not have because wouldn't it belong to the Jacksons label or separate company? Anyway I would love Victory Tour Toronto on DVD and triumph. But the same reason they didn't release a different Bad tour show is probably the same issue : Audio Quality. Therefore not trying to be a downer but I still keep hope ;)

.but they should be released in a collectors package because I don't think the general public would buy them.

I don't necessarily agree. In the US the Victory Tour was bigger than Dangerous or HIStory, so more people might have memories about that. I also think the US public is more comfortable with pre-Bad Michael than post-Bad Michael. And whether we like it or not the US is still the biggest market. I think a Victory Tour release (in case it's good quality) could be huge (even Triumph) - definitely not just for a collector's label. If it'd get a release I would release a song from it as a video for music TVs to play and as promotion.

But of course I'm just dreaming - that all depends on what the Estate really has.

Technology has spoiled us guys lol Blu ray is VERY unlikely. Estate has no Full bad tour Film footage. Victory Tour to my knowledge was only recorded on Tape therefore only DVD is possible. Anything prior to Bad era the estate might not have because wouldn't it belong to the Jacksons label or separate company? Anyway I would love Victory Tour Toronto on DVD and triumph. But the same reason they didn't release a different Bad tour show is probably the same issue : Audio Quality. Therefore not trying to be a downer but I still keep hope ;)

Yeah, it's a good question who owns the Jacksons material. Whoever owns it I'm really surprised nothing really was done with it yet. Even if not Blue-Ray, but I think there must be concert footage in reasonably good quality. For example, that London show from the Destiny Tour that I linked in doesn't look bad even on YT.

As for Audio: There's a LIVE album for an show in 1981, Triumph Tour, so they have audio at least for that. But of course that doesn't mean they have good quality footage too.

Last edited:
Remember in "The ONE" documentary where this footage is sourced from. Notice how they used Yokohama audio instead of the original?
AND they dubbed Bad tour L.A. Judging from the promo tape the audio is also LQ. So this is the only thing holding early recordings back. Audio expectations for this day in age and archival rights and management. The Jackson family might have the tapes from the Jacksons tours we don't know. I would Prefer Victory over Triumph because Billie Jean, Beat it, Human Nature were performed.

I wouldn't want them to waste a project on a Jacksons tour, HIStory tour or Dangerous tour release. Personally they're some of the least sought after material in Michael's unreleased catalog.

I wouldn't want them to waste a project on a Jacksons tour, HIStory tour or Dangerous tour release. Personally they're some of the least sought after material in Michael's unreleased catalog.

Hopefully they do waste a project on that. Seeing Michael Jackson live is what made me a fan. And I want to see more of it.

Yes, there is some of it in good quality.

vlcsnap2013021617h57m37.png

vlcsnap2013021617h58m13.png

vlcsnap2013021617h59m01.png

vlcsnap2013021618h02m28.png

vlcsnap2013021618h03m34.png

kermit.gif
tumblr_m8pgrqJ7QC1r6kpk7.gif

Dvd or bluray, in the format matter for me, since it is released with a quality that is good enough to watch, for me is ok.

OMG...I would LOVE to own a copy of each and EVERY one of these concerts. I bought Wembley and BELIEVE me when I tell you I watch it WEEKLY...I don't know what I am gonna do when it wears out..lol. I hope the Estate can find it in their hearts to work on a project like making these concerts on dvd...THAT would be AMAZING to own. The quality may not be so good on some...but hey...who cares..it's Michael...and seeing Michael doing what he loved to do is a beautiful thing in good OR bad quality :)

The last Triumph Tour concert (which we see in The One special) was filmed and possibly considered for release. the Library of Congress has a a copy on 1 inch reel so it's possible that Blu Ray could happen

The Victory Tour WAS recorded on film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7NL9sRjEX4

An obstacle would be the Jackie, Tito, Marlon, Jermaine, and Randy. They co-own the footage from the Destiny, Triumph, and Victory footage. I was told that talks between the estate and the surviving brothers for a Victory Tour release happened in 2011 or last year but they fell through :(

Can you provide proof of this 1 inch film reel in the hands of Library of Congress? Also it seems only Patrick was recording with one film camera. But if you watch the HQ billie Jean version it looks like film or HQ Tape..

It is film footage in that Billie Jean video of Victory tour.

The last Triumph Tour concert (which we see in The One special) was filmed and possibly considered for release. the Library of Congress has a a copy on 1 inch reel so it's possible that Blu Ray could happen

The Victory Tour WAS recorded on film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7NL9sRjEX4

An obstacle would be the Jackie, Tito, Marlon, Jermaine, and Randy. They co-own the footage from the Destiny, Triumph, and Victory footage. I was told that talks between the estate and the surviving brothers for a Victory Tour release happened in 2011 or last year but they fell through :(

Great to hear there's hope. As for the brothers, I think if the money is right they will give in eventually...

Can you provide proof of this 1 inch film reel in the hands of Library of Congress? Also it seems only Patrick was recording with one film camera. But if you watch the HQ billie Jean version it looks like film or HQ Tape..

oh my I remember seeing this footage like it was yesterday...

Type of Work:Motion Picture
Registration Number / Date:PAu000369134 / 1981-11-23
Application Title:The Jacksons’ 1981 Forum concert.
Title:The Jacksons at the Forum, September 26, 1981.
Description:2 videocassettes (ca. 84 min.) : sd., col. ; 3/4 in.
Notes:Deposit includes description (2 p.)
Copyright Claimant:Michael Jackson
Date of Creation:1981
Authorship on Application:entire performance: The Jacksons; entire cinematography: Michael Jackson, employer for hire.
Previous Registration:Preexisting material: musical compositions.
Basis of Claim:New Matter: "performances and cinematography."
Copyright Note:C.O. correspondence.

<tbody>
</tbody>

About the Destiny Tour this is what Wikipedia writes:

• The London concert was filmed by the BBC and leaked on the Internet. It is in high quality of sound and video.
  • The concert performed in Washington DC as part of the US Leg of the first tour was video taped. The footage was later used to create a promotional commercial for the second half of the Destiny concerts. Footage was also used in 1984 as part of an ABC special on the Michael and the Jacksons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destiny_World_Tour

Back