Ready Steady Bid

Katzr2000

Proud Member
A new auction site. They auction of various items, and on the 2nd May they will auction off 2 Michael Jackson tickets for 25th January, Block C!

I initial reaction was "fake" / "scam" BUT considering this isn't just about MJ tickets and they auction off many different items every day, it seems more viable that they could have 2 tickets to sell!

They make their money by you "purchasing bids" they are cheap but it means everytime they auction something, people are paying them just to bid! BUT for the person who wins, they usually get an item very cheap!

What do you guys think??

http://www.readysteadybid.com/

Last edited:
yeh i saw this. I have been looking at the site today, all there terms and conditions look ok, they have phone number, email, etc. normally the dodgy sites dont have any contact details. it says in the listing too that the winner will receive a copy of the confirmation of the tickets so im sure you would know pretty quickly if they dont deliver what they say they are.

like you say, one lucky person will save themselves a lot of dough. many more wont! worth a gamble tho i reckon. tried gettin some for next years shows and they were going at about £450! crazy prices.

Just checked out the site and they are now doing Ne-Yo tickets. Be interesting to see how much they go for.

The idea behind websites like that is that a lot, and I mean a lot of people pay them to get a chance to bid. The actual ticket might be sold for a very low price, but because so many people pay, only to be able to bid... they make tons of profit. Basicly, most people pay and don't get anything, and one lucky buyer is laughing his pants of. And the auction site itself of course. It's more a lottery than a real auction.

The idea behind websites like that is that a lot, and I mean a lot of people pay them to get a chance to bid. The actual ticket might be sold for a very low price, but because so many people pay, only to be able to bid... they make tons of profit. Basicly, most people pay and don't get anything, and one lucky buyer is laughing his pants of. And the auction site itself of course. It's more a lottery than a real auction.

True. You just have to think about whether or not the amount the bids cost is worth the oppourtunity, even though you might not win!

Package 1 24 bids for £10
Package 2 48 bids for £20
Package 3 72 bids for £30
Package 4 96 bids for £40
Package 5 120 bids for £50

Just got an email from these guys again. Auction starts on Sunday!! oooo exciting. be interesting to see how these go.

Just hope that chancers arent bidding on them to sell on again and only MJ fans who genuinly want to see him win them.

i think if the site was just about the MJ tickets then i wouldnt trust it but they have been going a couple of weeks now and its about more than just the tickets so i think they r ok.

Amazing seats!

I put in a few bids but I didn't like the way the time remaining kept increasing and thought it would go on for a while so I just left it.

I wasn't actually going to use them for myself though - I was going to give them to Becca as she can't get tickets.

I put in a few bids but I didn't like the way the time remaining kept increasing and thought it would go on for a while so I just left it.

I wasn't actually going to use them for myself though - I was going to give them to Becca as she can't get tickets.

That's really sweet! I was thinking the same thing, but didn't bid in the end as i have only got £7 in my account at the moment!!

Back