RARE MJ interview - around the time of The Wiz

Great interview, thanks for posting this!

On a side note, I have said it before and in my own life, and I will say it here, boy I wish I was old enough to experience Studio 54.............I love to party with the best of them and I would have loved to go there. I am a former Nightclub DJ, so I think that's why I would have loved to take in the atmosphere that went on at Studio 54. Most DJ's today know they owe a little bit of a debt of gratitude to that time, that era and Studio 54 in general....

But also at the same time, the thought of Michael being at a nightclub where the drug use was so blatant and so rampant kinda makes me chuckle. I can only imagine what else he saw at Studio 54 that he kept his mouth shut about in that interview LOL...

Look at the size of that fro! Omg I love it Lol! Thanks so much for posting :D

Great interview, thanks for posting this!

On a side note, I have said it before and in my own life, and I will say it here, boy I wish I was old enough to experience Studio 54.............I love to party with the best of them and I would have loved to go there. I am a former Nightclub DJ, so I think that's why I would have loved to take in the atmosphere that went on at Studio 54. Most DJ's today know they owe a little bit of a debt of gratitude to that time, that era and Studio 54 in general....

But also at the same time, the thought of Michael being at a nightclub where the drug use was so blatant and so rampant kinda makes me chuckle. I can only imagine what else he saw at Studio 54 that he kept his mouth shut about in that interview LOL...
ME TOOOOOOOO!!! I've always said that!! I don't drink or do drugs or anything, but MAN, just to be able to get in there and just dance.
And then to turn around and see Michael dancing next to you?!?! *faint*

ME TOOOOOOOO!!! I've always said that!! I don't drink or do drugs or anything, but MAN, just to be able to get in there and just dance.
And then to turn around and see Michael dancing next to you?!?! *faint*
:wild: :wild: :wild:

You imagine? If I were in a situation like that, I would think I was having hallucinations and daydreaming:

"Uh... MJ dancing beside me????" :scratch: :doh:

God, it would be so amazing and wonderful. :wild: :wub:

If i was around that time I would probably be at studio 54 with my 70's wear and all that, I so adore the disco era! :D

Though I would stay far far away from drugs.

I was about 14 at this time. No disco's for me. But then even as a young adult I hated discos and parties. I still do!

Cute interview. Studio 54 was THE place for celebs back then. Now they have Broadway shows there...

Thanks for posting it.i've never seen this interview before.
i love his big afro!

I was about 14 at this time. No disco's for me. But then even as a young adult I hated discos and parties. I still do!

Cute interview. Studio 54 was THE place for celebs back then. Now they have Broadway shows there...

Thanks for the info, I have always wondered what happened to Studio 54.

Hi guys,
I did go to Studio 54 but at that time its popularity was coming to an end. I remember we did have to wait outside a long time before we were able to enter. However, the music was good and we had a nice time. It is sad that drugs always spoil these party places.

There was another hot disco I used to go. McCauly acted in a movie about it. It was called the Limelight and was in an old church. The fun there was great, but again drugs spoiled it and it was closed down. I used to go there in the 1980's.

This interview is really reminding me of the fun we had during those years. Anyone else danced during the 70's and 80's?

Back