Rare footage from 1990

I only understood 2 words from all that - 'michael' and 'jackson' - but to be honest that's all you need!

CBS Records Top Selling Artist Of The Decade :D

001ecv.jpg

002urnm.jpg

003afe.jpg

007oic.jpg

011xvg.jpg

017ye.jpg

021am.jpg

024fe.jpg

it's not worth to translate exactly word by word
but here it is what the reporter said,
"mj was awarded for selling 110 million copies.this was done a day before the grammys on feb 20
people arrived at 7 am and had a luxurious breakfast. mj arrived at 11am. it was really hard to get in. if this was colombia, there'd be a sea of people but US is more organized. as we can see mj is surrounded by his bodyguards.
the president of CBS is announcing why mj is there.
enters mj and uncover his award....
at end he says
"here it is michael jackson. with bad one his greatest hits in Veracruz,colombia"
JUST interesting to point out mj sold 110 million copies with only 3 album. no one ever will ever beat it. so it seems like "thriller" sold 55, bad 30, and off the wall 25????. . i can't believe it took only 3 albums to reach what many artist dream of selling in their entire careers!!!!!. some artist have a hit album, 2 at most. but him one after another (invincible could be one with proper promotion, sigh.) people will wait years for his new album. do you how hard and risky it is to take so much time (years) between albums. it can damage your career, people just loose interest on you. but clearly that was not the case with mj.
thank you for sharing the vid

I have not seen this before. I too did not understand a word of what was said but I think seeing Michael and his smile makes up for that.

Back