Rapper Guru from Gang Starr in Cardiac Arrest and coma :(

The hiphop heads in here will know who i am talking about. From the rapband called Gang Starr....i'm a big fan of them...they delivered true quality hiphop. This is very bad and sad news...i hope it won't stay sad news though.

[]b

According to many different sources, Hip-Hop Wired has acquired information that rapper Guru has fallen into a coma after suffering cardiac arrest. Details right now remain very slim, but sources have stated that the news was broken by Guru's sister. Guru, who is a former member of the rap duo Gang Starr, is considered to be one of the pioneers of Hip-Hop/jazz crossovers. As more details are released, Hip-Hop Wired will continue to bring you all the information regarding the situation.

Our prayers go to Keith "Guru" Elam and his family.
*UPDATE*

DJ Premier, the other half of Gang Starr called up Satelite XM radio station "Hip Hop Nation" and confirmed Guru's heart attack.
"Guru IS in a coma and will go under surgery tomorrow afternoon."
Hip-Hop Wired and Hip-Hop heads will all be in prayer for the legendary artist. Stick to Hiphopwired.com for up to minute updates regarding Guru.[/b]

http://hiphopwired.com/2010/02/28/breaking-news-rumors-report-guru-is-in-a-coma/

im worried for guru .
i hope he pulls through .:huggy:

Terrible (sounds awfully familiar), i hope he'll make it through.

I just got off Skype with my ex and he's big in the underground hip hop and just told me about this. So sad, I hope he pulls through.
Some hope for those asking about being in a coma. My cousin was in an accident where his truck literally wrapped around the tree, he was in a coma for almost 8 months, that was in 2001, today he is 100% normal, the only thing is, he has a limp in his left leg and a tad bit of a speech problem. Other than that, he is working a normal job, driving a car, everything. So, hopefully he will be just fine!

I just got off Skype with my ex and he's big in the underground hip hop and just told me about this. So sad, I hope he pulls through.
Some hope for those asking about being in a coma. My cousin was in an accident where his truck literally wrapped around the tree, he was in a coma for almost 8 months, that was in 2001, today he is 100% normal, the only thing is, he has a limp in his left leg and a tad bit of a speech problem. Other than that, he is working a normal job, driving a car, everything. So, hopefully he will be just fine!

Wow...so it really does happen...people really can get out of comas. Oh man, i remember last year..hoping so much that all those sources (except CNN) were wrong and and that MJ would gotten out of the coma....sigh.

Wow...so it really does happen...people really can get out of comas. Oh man, i remember last year..hoping so much that all those sources (except CNN) were wrong and and that MJ would gotten out of the coma....sigh.

Yep it really happens, with tons of prayers and some amazing doctors.

Heard about this this morning. Was gutted. Hope he pulls through. One of the best to ever do it.

(My post counts at 911... ooooooo lol)

According to the singer Estelle,(she just tweeted right now) he has passed away :( DONT KNOW IF THIS IS CONFIRMED but IF it is, r.i.p brother. Hope it isn't true.

I really hope this isn't true :( Looking around some websites most people are saying its rumour. Lets hope that's all it is :(

You say you've got a Hip-Hop head yet you don't know who Estelle is? :p

She's done tracks with Kanye and a lot of UK rappers as well ;)

estelle_shine.jpg

UPDATE: Guru Surgery Successful; Full Recovery Expected

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2010/03/02/22138162.aspx

Sources close to Guru told AllHipHop.com that the rapper is doing “fine” and should make a full recovery, despite chatter on the Internet that the 43-year-old artist had died.

“Guru is alive and recovering from his surgery. Doctors are expecting a full recovery luckily,” a source told AllHipHop.com

Last edited:
Thx for the news Staffordshire, i hope it doesnt happen to him again (like a famous West coast rapper who had that kind of issues twice i think)

I don't remember who it was...but there have been several rappers who died of health issues. Alotta peope always expect that its by violence, but definitely not always. Big Pun died cause of a health issue as well, and a few more i can't remember the names of right now.

I really wonder about the cause of this though...and basically..coma means that the person is in a sleep and nothing is certain about when he's going to wake up, right? Guru has been real lucky then......wow. But such good news.

However, i'll really cheer when he really is fully recovered.

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2010/03/03/22138931.aspx

(AllHipHop News) Revered rapper Guru released a statement to AllHipHop.com today (March 3) as he recovers from surgery after suffering a heart attack over the weekend.

Guru, born Keith Elam, was briefly comatose due to the heart attack. Doctors successfully operated on the 43-year-old MC on Tuesday (March 2).

"I am doing fine and I am recovering! I'm weak though,” Guru told AllHipHop.com in a statement today. “Solar is the only person who has the accurate info on my situation. Any info from anybody else is false! I appreciate your well wishes and all the love!"

Guru and his family are asking for privacy as he recovers and stressed for fans to continue to send prayers, thoughts and love.

His partner Solar echoed Guru’s comments about the need for privacy but told fans the outlook is positive for the rapper.

Additionally, only Solar will have access to Guru and accurate information regarding the status of his health.

"Guru is resting and doing well after his surgery,” Solar told AllHipHop.com. “The doctors say that he will fully recover from his illness. We thank everyone who send prayers our way and we appreciate the outpouring of love from around the world!”

Solar can be reached by contacting a representative for his publicity firm, Yo-Pr.com.

Back