Rap legend: Christopher Lee Rios aka Big Pun R.I.P [WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE]

Word Smith Sr

Proud Member
Here r some Big Pun's songs, tell me what u think plz, do not make it a "my favourite rapper is better than your favourite rapper thread" plz:

"Twinz (deep cover 98)" Big Pun feat. Fat Joe:

[youtube]CA7DvbWy7bs[/youtube]

"Im not a player" Big Pun ft. The O'Jays:

[youtube]VjjIQFQyZXI[/youtube]

"Still not a player" Big Pun ft Joe:

[youtube]DwEqTbaFVXU[/youtube]

"John Blaze" Big Pun feat Nas, Jadakiss, Raekwon, Fat Joe (Pun raps after Nas)

[youtube]qjB3W1e-edw&feature=related[/youtube]

"You came up" Big Pun ft. Noreaga:

[youtube]uXQZGmYTJI8[/youtube]

"Super lyrical" Big Pun ft. Black Thought:

[youtube]RSX6r6l80Hg[/youtube]

"Fire Water" Big Pun ft. Raekwon, Armageddon, Fat Joe (fast forward to 3:32 to hear Pun):

[youtube]CsT8Xya0dyU[/youtube]

"Capital Punishment" Big Pun ft Prospect:

[youtube]JJHX2cvj38U[/youtube]

"Let the games begin" Big Pun ft. Fat Joe, Mack 10:

[youtube]85UK2qE_nIU[/youtube]

Last edited:
Re: Rap legend: Christopher Lee Rios aka Big Pun [WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE]

One of my favourite rappers EVER.

I love Pun... everything about him. His flow, lyrics, personality!

You need to add "Off The Books" too... an incredible song.

Last edited:

Hello Daniel :D,

Yea there r other songs i wanted to post but i thought my post would be too long or something.... dunno why lol. I love the moment in the "You came up" video in which he jumps off the roof and lands making the earth skake lol. Then he fights and pushes a guy with his belly imitating Bruce Lee's facial expression with his hands shaking lol. Is the song in which there's Ashanti entitled "How we roll" an actual song or some kind of remix ? When did he record "Who's a thug" ? What album is it on except for that J-Love mixtape ?

Have u seen the video in which he raps in a cypher ? If not check the following video out (to hear Pun fast forward to 5:00), catch your breath if you're asthmatic my friend ;), here u go:

[youtube]QEB7E1nCV6w&feature=related[/youtube]

Last edited:

Big Pun?

Only another GREAT in the rap game. He had excellent wordplay, I feel that he is underrated a little. I remember when he came out, people were calling him a Latin Biggie, lol.

RIP Pun! :angel:

R.I.P. Still not a player is the jam and Its so hard with Donnell Jones.

Thx Gina Marie, mjcarousal and Daniel for answering my thread. I got a question for you since u seem to know Big Pun at least a little:

I heard he was really good on stage despite his size in his prime. Do you know anyone that attended one of his concerts/performances and could tell me how good he was in his prime ?

In the only videos i found on Youtube, he's being backed up a little too much to my liking. Those performances must have taken place towards the end of his life when his health was more than worrying. By the way has he ever performed outside the USA ?

PS to people who knew him personally: I'm not trying to disrespect ur loved one, im just trying to know him more.

Last edited:
A bunch of videos i discovered today and yesterday:

[YOUTUBE]SZE4NbG0xfM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]CqkMD5J_8SA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]r6Z110Hc_Hs[/YOUTUBE]

Does anyone know where i could get the documentary called "Big Pun Live" please (i do not wannaa buy it if you know what i mean) ? Someone on youtube said the following video was from that documentary. Dr Heat i know you can answer this one, or grab your phone and call Arxter he might know lol. I find this freestyle funny especially the "yigiyigiyigiyo' LOOOL !!!

[YOUTUBE]uU6gI8D53I0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]PyOgJe2ILhs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]wAoYUkPfFD4[/YOUTUBE]

Back