Randy Phillips in LA Times - Tribute Concert Being Considered

Aengil

Proud Member
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-jackson-aeg3-2009jul03,0,6244366.story

Sorry if it's already been posted, I hadn't seen it. The article is mainly about AEG's finances, but there's mention of the rehearsals recordings, and also a possible 'televised tribute concert':

Also under consideration is a televised tribute concert in London that would incorporate the staging and choreography for the comeback performances. Jackson invested himself in the most minute details of a show that at the time of his death was running more than two hours long, those close to the show have said. Ortega and Phillips want to see what they both have called "Michael's last great work" reach an audience, both live and on DVD. Phillips said "everyone you could think of" in the music industry had contacted AEG about performing in such a show, and Jackson's brothers may also have a role.

Last edited:
Everyone in the industry wants to perform at it, which means fans of all those people may also want tickets to such an event.

I only really want to see Michaels rehearsed performances at this time, not really interested in seeing others try to pull it off.

Back