R Kelly - Hair Braider [[2008]]

thought there was a good reason this went unnoticed here for a few months lol

just following trends. he's been an underachiever for a while now i.e. he should use his potentials to come out with something more akin to his talents because i feel he can do it.

artistic and commercial flop.

no not (just) the pitch effect. i'm talking about the tune in general - and most of his repertoire in recent years. the slap in the face here is that this isn't doing well at all, commercially and everythingelsely.

and yes, he really doesn't need to follow trends; the cat's talented enough.

---

and the effect can be done on any pitch-editing unit (lazy sods nowadays almost all use AutoTune) - this has been done in every decade including Stevie you mentioned lol except he's God and made everyone listen in awe. and Mike's top man T Riley used it extensively before, during and after Mike signed him up.

This is an okay song, but it's really not R. Kelly to me. R. Kelly is a storyteller, he makes great songs... this is a merely okay song.

12 Play, R. Kelly, R., Chocolate Factory and Happy People/U Saved Me were great albums. TP-2, TP.3 & Double Up were merely okay albums to me.

I miss his songs where he tells a story and seems like he's in the zone. "Down Low Double Life", "Your Body's Callin'", "Down Low", "Step In The Name Of Love", "Happy People".... those are great songs in my book.

Kellz is Da Kang of Modern R&B. not big on this song but overall the Man is still the Baddest out here. he will always keep a Hit and do his thing. Haters can Hate but they can't Keep up with the Man. He does his thing.

don't know when he's going to release the album, but having had a good listen to the leak, i'm surprised he chose Hair Braider to lead off because the album has some nice tracks.

No :no: Why he doesn't sing with he's real voice? It's so much better than this.

don't know when he's going to release the album, but having had a good listen to the leak, i'm surprised he chose Hair Braider to lead off because the album has some nice tracks.
that is the record company politics in effect. the song that appeals to radio and the ringtone ears.

songs ruined by that stupid decoder.so pointless when someone can actually sing. i loved kelly through the 90's but since tp2.com imo hes gone downhill bar the odd song.to much same ole. needs something fresh like the songs on the r.kelly 95 album or the R album

Back