R.I.P. Tomoko Kawakami

Severus Snape

Proud Member
5045527.jpg

Tomoko Kawakami, the main voice actress for several anime series, among them my favourite anime of all time, Revolutionary Girl Utena, died yesterday after battling ovarian cancer. She was first diagnosed with this type of cancer in 2008, but continued voice work until 2011, the last year she would be alive. She died at the age of 40.

Among the highlights of her long voice acting career (all Japanese language versions):

First starring role: Utena Tenjou, for the anime series Revolutionary Girl Utena , and the film, Utena: Adolescence Mokushiroku.

Other notable roles:

Rosette Christopher, for anime series Chrono Crusade
Mariko Kurama, for anime series Elfen Lied
Satsuki Miyanoshita, for anime series Ghost Stories

UandA_Solo_09.png

I did not know her before reading this thread but my heart goes out to her family, friends and all the people who like her work. My condolences. May she rest in peace.

Last edited:
Wow, that's sad... I didn't know about her until I saw this post... 40 is way way too early to die...

Hugs, Mikage... It seems quite a few of those you love and appreciate are going... Try to take care, please... If you need some sort of support or anything, we're here. ....

Wow, that's sad... I didn't know about her until I saw this post... 40 is way way too early to die...

Hugs, Mikage... It seems quite a few of those you love and appreciate are going... Try to take care, please... If you need some sort of support or anything, we're here. ....

Yeah, they're dropping like flies. At least prof. hasn't tried to kill himself yet, lol. Thanks for the support! ^^

Im so sorry, my condolences. My prayers goes out to her family and friends, be strong.. May her Rest In Peace

I don't know who she is but wow, so young. :( How sad. I look up to her battle with ovarian cancer. Rest in peace.

Back