R.I.P Andre Kim - Korea's Top Designer Andre Kim Passes Away at Age 75

dangerous2000watts

Proud Member
Korea's renowned fashion designer Andre Kim passed away on Thursday evening at Seoul National University Hospital.

Born Kim Bong-nam , the son of a farmer Andre Kim died at the age of 75 due to complications from pneumonia.
He became the country's first male fashion designer in 1962 by establishing "Salon Andre" at the age of 27.
He also became the first Korean designer to hold a fashion show in Paris and went on to hold many international shows through the years from New York to Cairo.
Andre Kim was best known for his evening and wedding gown collections as well as combining classical designs with futuristic elements which were favored by many Korean actors as well as international stars including the late Michel Jackson.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Kim never married, but leaves behind an adopted son.

AUG 12, 2010

Reporter : jwyang@arirangtv.com

-----------------
Michael ordered over 30 outfits in the early 2000's. Michael once asked Kim to be his personal designer but Kim refused to accept his offer, because he wanted to stay in Korea working for Korean.

He said he loved the picture of Michael with Liz Taylor.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's very sad that last year, one of Michael's friends - former president Kim, the Nobel Peace Prize winner -passed away, and the former Archbishop Stephen Kim - who met Michael in 1996 also passed away.
Now, another Kim - the great designer is no longer with us.
I respect all of them including Michael since they were all peace makers.
It's so sad... Why all good people had to leave us so soon?
May their souls rest in peace..........

such a great loss in the fashion world!!! it's a shocking news

here are more pictures of Michael wearing Andre Kim's clothes

2ms0yzn.jpg

may they R.I.P

I've always wondered who the designer was of those jackets MJ seemed to wear a lot back in those days.

R.I.P

Back