Quotes from celebs before their deaths

JennyC

Proud Member
I'm not sure whether I just read into things too much but has anyone else noticed something creepy that just before a celebrity dies they often make quotes which seem to indicate that somehow they knew their time was up, here's a few examples off the top of my head...

Michael Jackson
'This is it' - title of his last tour and his last words when he announced his tour, interesting choice of title, he could have called it anything, in the announcement he stated this was the final curtain call.

Perhaps one of the most eerie...
Aaliyah
About a month before her death Aaliyah stated:
"It is dark in my favorite dream. Someone is following me. I don't know why. I'm scared. Then suddenly I lift off. Far away. How do I feel? As if I am swimming in the air. Free. Weightless. Nobody can reach me. Nobody can touch me. It's a wonderful feeling."

She also went on to say the following in different interviews:
"I want people to remember me as a full-on entertainer and a good person."
"When I'm long gone, I want to be remembered not just as an actress or singer, but as a full-on entertainer."
And these were quoted just a couple of months before she died, in MTV's Diary of Aaliyah she appeared distant, as if she was far away and knew something big was going to happen. The whole programme seemed like her saying goodbye to the world.

Stephen Gately
In their last song to be recorded with him the first line of the song is, "I will learn to live before I die." Sang by Stephen.

What does everyone else think? Coincidence or did they believe something was about to change? Either way I find it creepy.

first when i saw the heading of this thread, i thought you were going to refer to people on their death bed, or Elvis, as he was about to go into the bathroom, when he said 'i hope i'm not boring you'. so..i thought you were referring to the very last words, witnessed, seconds before death..like death bed statements. but as i look at your post, i see there's something completely different. with Michael's quote, that can be interpreted many ways. it could just be him saying he doesn't want to tour anymore. he's been trying to stress that, for years, but people wouldn't listen. as for Aliyah, that seems more ominous, but, it could very well be her answering a question that was led by the asker. maybe the person asking just wanted to know from Aliyah, how she wants to be remembered, and it had nothing to do with her actually thinking she was about to die. but, considering the closeness of what she said, to what happened weeks later, it might be that she knew.

to me, the most telling statement ever made by an artist that sounded like he knew he was about to die, was in a song. and that song was bohemian rhapsody, by queen. though it was much later that he died(albeit, of a slow and progressive disease), that song is so much more graphic, lyrically, by Freddie Mercury, than any of these other statements, by other musicians. yet people have a lot of fun singing along with that song, because of the music.

It's not exactly right before his death, but on The Beatles' Come Together, John Lennon whispers "Shoot me" a few times at the beginning of the song.

first when i saw the heading of this thread, i thought you were going to refer to people on their death bed, or Elvis, as he was about to go into the bathroom, when he said 'i hope i'm not boring you'. so..i thought you were referring to the very last words, witnessed, seconds before death..like death bed statements. but as i look at your post, i see there's something completely different. with Michael's quote, that can be interpreted many ways. it could just be him saying he doesn't want to tour anymore. he's been trying to stress that, for years, but people wouldn't listen. as for Aliyah, that seems more ominous, but, it could very well be her answering a question that was led by the asker. maybe the person asking just wanted to know from Aliyah, how she wants to be remembered, and it had nothing to do with her actually thinking she was about to die. but, considering the closeness of what she said, to what happened weeks later, it might be that she knew.

to me, the most telling statement ever made by an artist that sounded like he knew he was about to die, was in a song. and that song was bohemian rhapsody, by queen. though it was much later that he died(albeit, of a slow and progressive disease), that song is so much more graphic, lyrically, by Freddie Mercury, than any of these other statements, by other musicians. yet people have a lot of fun singing along with that song, because of the music.
Really, he did say that? I didn't know.. :bugeyed

I think I'll stay away from this thread, it's too creepy :p Although very interesting at the same time.

I'd add "Who wants to live forever" and "The show must go on" to that list. I love "Bohemian rhapsody", and I agree, those are very graphic lyrics.

Michael's first verse of "Hold my hand" - this life don't last forever... Maybe not ominous as such, but makes me so very sad whenever I hear it. And "Gone too soon"... I know it was for Ryan, but it's like he knew one day it might pertain to himself. "Born to amuse, to inspire, to delight."

Really interesting thread I have to say, especially the things with Aaliyah! Seems just so weird and strange...
Tho' I think "This Is It" was only the title of the concert tour because Michael really wanted to stop after this, he actually only wanted to say that it's really the final curtain call with this chosen name/title. But of course he could've still felt something, you can never know...! Because he also often mentioned things like that, that he's feeling like he's going to die and stuff because of his music and his fame.

Back