Quincy Jones Tribute album.

IvoryKeys

Proud Member
So this sounds kind of interesting, right!

Quincy Jones Throws Jab At Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame, Plans Compilation Album
By Njai Joszor | Posted on 09/24/08 | Filed Under: R&B News, Quincy Jones
Quincy Jones

Quincy Jones is not too happy with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and perhaps he shouldn't be happy with the organization who has repeatedly ignored his contributions.

Known for creating some of the world's biggest hits Jones has been repeatedly overlooked by the organization despite his work in multiple genres including Rock and Roll, R&B, and Jazz.

According to a brief interview with Fox News' Roger Friedman the producer/humanitarian and creator of Vibe Magazine said he has given up on being inducted. Referencing Rolling Stone publisher Jann Wenner, Jones believes Wenner did not like it when he started Vibe Magazine.

Speaking at an all star fundraiser for Tony Bennett and wife Susan's Exploring the Arts Foundation recently Jones made reference to a big tribute collection set for release next spring.

"About two dozen Hip Hop and R&B stars are recording songs for the compilation."

"We're trying to set up something for Mariah Carey now" said Jones.

John Mayer, who also performed at the fundraiser has been confirmed for the tribute collection in a collaboration of sorts with Usher.

"He's doing something with Usher" Jones' said of the project.

At this time a release date has not been set for the project which will feature songs produced by Quincy Jones.

here's the link: http://www.singersroom.com/news/entertainment-story-2373.asp

Can I easily say that at least one or two of MJ's songs will be on there! I found this thanks to my love of John Mayer, but his collaboration with Usher makes me a little weary. This album actually sounds like a great idea. Plus, Quincy Jones deserves the recognition.

Back