Quick question about Heartbreak Hotel.

No, it's an original song written by Michael Jackson.

It has no relationship to the version by Elvis, it was a completely new and original track when it came out.

It was later renamed "This Place Hotel" to avoid confusion.

Is there anyone out there that understand what he's talking about?

Maybe I'm perverted as hell but to me it's like Michael is visiting brothel or something? (in fiction of course, don't want to upset all the fans here)

Maybe I'm perverted as hell

Ain't we all :)

I think "Heartbreak Hotel" in the song is some kind of Brother or funhouse in the mind, I think he is explaining the feeling and desires, the temptations people have. I think Heartbreak Hotel is a place where you go when you have been cheated on, or deceived by your lover.

He says how all the girls he knew were there, and the man who had been there for 15 years, it seems quite apparent its an imaginary place rather than a real place :)

I am not the best poet, I have absolutely no clue what the song's about, but it sure does sound awesome.

No, it's an original song written by Michael Jackson.

It has no relationship to the version by Elvis, it was a completely new and original track when it came out.

It was later renamed "This Place Hotel" to avoid confusion.

Oh Wow thanks for that.

I was getting confused as people call it "Heartbreak Hotel" but I can only find it under "This place hotel"

I was really hoping it's an MJ song because it's just sooooooooo damn good!!

And now I'm happy! :D

p.s. I haven't looked up the lyrics or anything but I think it's about a bunch of groupies for some odd reason.

i dont know..he still used the term ''heartbreak hotel'' as to where he was headed. although i thought elvis and michael were talking about different ''hotels''. lol but again maybe not since you had to cover up lyrics like that back then.
different lyrics.. but i still think michael took after the song whether he said so or not. i have no problem with it. you can write songs taken after others as well.

i love hes bad tour version.

I thought this song was by a little known cult group called Whitney, Faith, & Kelly. :tease:

Back