Queston about The English National Anthem

4u_n_4me

Proud Member
Did I title this thread correctly? Or is it british national anthem, feel free to correct me. Thankx.

So, as I was watching the royal wedding they sang the national anthem for their country, and I heard a part where they sang, "God save the Queen." My question is, when Prince Charles ascends the throne, will they change the anthem to, "God save the King"?

Yes it does change to king when a king is reigning also it is technically the english national anthem the british one is different and is called 'rule britannia' and there is also 'land of hope and glory' which I think is the anthem of the united kingdom.

And as an interesting sidenote, God Save The Queen used to be the national anthem here in Australia before we became independant from Britain.

Yes it does change to king when a king is reigning also it is technically the english national anthem the british one is different and is called 'rule britannia' and there is also 'land of hope and glory' which I think is the anthem of the united kingdom.

Huh! So theres a british anthem and U.K anthem? Interesting. So whats the difference between each place?

And as an interesting sidenote, God Save The Queen used to be the national anthem here in Australia before we became independant from Britain.

Interesting indeed!

The united kingdom is england scotland wales and northern ireland. Britain is nearly the same but without northern ireland.

Back