Questions about my future trip to Amsterdam

Word Smith Sr

Proud Member
Hi everyone, i'd like to go to Amsterdam for 3 days in July or August so i have two questions:

1 - How much money (euros as i live in France) should i bring for three days ?

2 - Do you know good value for money hotels i should consider ?

don't know any of the answers to the above my friend,but saw your thread and just thought i'd say hi.
hope you have a nice time.
i'm sure someone on here is either from Amsterdam or has been there that will help you.

you should go to tripadvisor.com to check the hotel reviews and prices. it's a very helpful site, I always use when I plan a vacation and choose a hotel. As for how much money to take, I don't think it's much different from France. I haven't been to France, but I was on vacation in Dusseldorf and we went to Amsterdam from there and I didn't notice any difference in prices. but maybe that's because we bought some weed and didn't care much about anything after that lol

You should bring about €750,- / €800,- + That should be enough..

"Hotel Blyss Amsterdam" is a good hotel.
1 person = €255,-
2 person = €300,- (breakfast = €10,- a day)

I hope you'll have a good time!

Don't bring too much cash (watch out for pickpocketers in Amsterdam).
You can use your normal bank card everywhere.
How do you travel? If it's possible for you I would like to recommend to you to visit Michael's HIStory statue in Best (near Eindhoven) too.
I always use this website to find a hotel: http://www.booking.com

I hope you'll have a good time! :)

^^^ Hi Hocus, i'll travel by train. Eindohoven is near Amsterdam ? Thanks for the link. :)

I do not know if my credit card would work in Holland so i'll bring cash i guess. Do i really have to worry ? Like, are pickpocketers that skilled in Holland ?

Last edited:
Hi! :)

I wouldn't worry too much about pickpocketers, but just stay alert you know... :wink:

Eindhoven is about a 1,5 hrs drive by car from Amsterdam... I don't know how long it is by train. But I've heard the trainstation is not very close to the statue. You'd have to walk or take a bus? But it's really worth a visit... :yes:

Do you have Facebook? Check out this page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-Jackson-memorial-place-in-Best-The-Netherlands/172078559502678

If not, here are some recent pics of the statue:
img1350380085.jpeg
img1350379868.jpeg
img1350380630.jpeg
img1350379903.jpeg

Last edited:
Is there a special reason you want a hotel in Amsterdam? You could also pick a hotel somewhere central in Holland so you can easily visit all kinds of places. Booking.com is a good site like Hocus said.

Enjoy your visit ;)

^I agree, staying in Utrecht, Amersfoort or another beautiful central town would be less expensive and just as convenient as Amsterdam is only a half hour train ride away. Have fun on you trip!

Maybe it's not needed anymore but if it doesn't have to be amsterdam for a certain reason.. I also would advise to just choose a place more central in The Netherlands. I find Amsterdam a bit overrated to be honest and it's also more expensive.

If you choose a place more central you can go to Amsterdam for a day and also visit the statue in Best. You can take a train to Eindhoven or Best and take a bus to the statue. There is a busstop 5 minutes walking from the statue and it's mostly a straight road so just walk towards MJ's head or the yellow M from the Mac Drive if you don't see his head above the buildings.

And if you plan to use a train a lot on a day buy a day ticket so you can go to various cities or when you want to go to one city a dag retour. So you only have to buy one ticket..so you can go there and go back home with the same ticket and if you want you can get off the train in between if it's on the route. Some tourists buy to much tickets and spend to much as they buy 2 dag retour tickets instead of one.

Back