Questions about MJ's Ghost movie.

norbat

Proud Member
What's different about the "Ghost - Earlier version" and the original "Ghost" ?

And what is the "opera" song when the ghost is going from the roof to the ground? It's in the "This is it" movie also, right before Threatened.

That's Ghost - Underscore. The "opera" song in TII.

The earlier version has different sound effects; less dramatic IMO.

Is It Scary isnt in the early version and the special effects are different in certain shots such as when the Mayor transforms into the Ghoul Mayor. Ive uploaded this version here on MJJC

^^^Written and composed by Michael Jackson. The other parts are by MJ with Nick Pike or solo by Pike. The standalone Ghosts VHS contains the credits and points in the film they start.

Last edited:
^^^Written and composed by Michael Jackson. The other parts are by MJ with David Nicksay or solo by Nicksay. The standalone Ghosts VHS contains the credits and points in the film they start.

Thank You. :) I figured Michael had something to do with it,but didn't know of the other person.

Flinging the Ghouls and Skin To The Wind are two more names that are part of the score. Another is Welcome to Normal Valley.

Descending Angels by whom? I would love to hear it

I just found this.

Descending angels

Document number:
V3501D766
Date of Recordation:
September 12, 2003
Entire Copyright Document:
V3501 D766 P1-15
Title:
Descending angels / Written by Michael J. Jackson.
Number of similar titles:
Title appears in Document:
Ashes to ashes & 139 other titles; musical compositions.

Read more: http://www.faqs.org/copyright/descending-angel/#ixzz0uqCmFXhX

http://www.faqs.org/copyright/descending-angel/

If that is correct, than it wasn't copyrighted before? Of course he'd have the rights, I just found 2003 to be a rather late date.

^^^ Cool...That's an interesting find. :)

Flinging the Ghouls and Skin To The Wind are two more names that are part of the score. Another is Welcome to Normal Valley.

Thanks again..I really enjoy this sort of thing. :)

Yes, the Ghosts score was copyrighted before 2003. It carries these details on the standalone VHS.

Wasn't another difference that the early version only features 2Bad instrumentals?

The most noticeable difference is in the animation of the Mayor's transformation - it'smore like a blob effect morph in the original, but later changed to Stan Winston's famous makep step effect.

wen i watched both i saw that the sequence when the mayor transforms into a monster is slightly differen, i dont really know why they made it different becuase they are both rather the same

llove you mj

Back