Question about Twitter

Michelle MC

Proud Member
Hello,
I hope someone can help me. :( I joined twitter a couple of weeks ago and all I have done was follow Tito and Randy. I have not tweeted or posted anything to them. Today was my first day of tweeting. So now I'm confused. I posted to someone, not either of them but someone else, and it only shows up on my page, not their page. :( Please tell me this is normal. I really want the person to see my message. Thanks in advance.

It is normal the tweet will only show up on your page if the person you tweeted to is not following you. However, the other person will see your tweet when she/he clicks @"username" on the right side on his/her home page. By clicking @"username" you can see all tweets directed to you.

However, the other person will see your tweet when she/he clicks @"username" on the right side on his/her home page. By clicking @"username" you can see all tweets directed to you.

I've been on twitter for a couple of months and didn't know about that "button" - thank you! :lol:

I always went to the search engine and searched my name manually, haha

Well.. search engine is one way to do it, although I think @"username" is a bit easier and faster ;) :giggle: But to be honest here it took me some time to realise it, too!

It is normal the tweet will only show up on your page if the person you tweeted to is not following you. However, the other person will see your tweet when she/he clicks @"username" on the right side on his/her home page. By clicking @"username" you can see all tweets directed to you.

Thank you Reeta. Please pardon my further confusion but I am new to twitter. So how will this person see my tweet to him? I am following this person, so I'm going to take for example Tito Jackson, although it's not him I'm talking about. So say I click that I'm going to follow Tito and then I tweet to him for the first time. How would he be able to see my tweet to him? Where would he see my username to click on? In the followers list? Or would there be somewhere else he could see my username faster? Thanks again.

Okay, you follow someone, then to tweet to them you start the tweet with @ what ever thier name is. Tito for example would see it because he'll have a link on the right side that says @ his twitter name, where he can view all tweets directed to him.

The tweets directed to him would look like for example

yourtwitter: @whatevertitospageis Hey, Tito how are you?

If it helps I'll take pictures to go with an example?

Okay, you follow someone, then to tweet to them you start the tweet with @ what ever thier name is. Tito for example would see it because he'll have a link on the right side that says @ his twitter name, where he can view all tweets directed to him.

The tweets directed to him would look like for example

yourtwitter: @whatevertitospageis Hey, Tito how are you?

If it helps I'll take pictures to go with an example?

Thanks that really helps. I thought it automatically happens when one tweets on another's page. I thought that it automatically says @the name. No? And before I start the tweet, I type in @the name. So I didn't, so does that mean he won't see it?

I just checked and I think I'm doing this right. Both my tweets have been responses to this person's tweets so it automatically has @theperson'snameandpage before my message. OH! I hope he tweets me!(prays very hard) This is a celebrity by the way who I'm hoping will tweet me. It's not Tito or any of the Jacksons though.

Last edited:
Back