Question about the music video of Beat it

blair

Proud Member
I have a question about the music video of Beat it, in the end of the video, it seem there are some screams, like there are a public or something like that, what we can understand about that ? That the plot is just about a show or a movie and that nothing is real ? I really want to know , thanks for advance.

Last edited:
They filmed on location and I think some of the locals were near the set watching (same as with Thriller). I remember Will.I.Am saying in an interview that he lived nearby and his mother wouldn't let him go hang around the set with his friends. I think he was only 11 or 12 at the time. Anyway, the ppl you hear screaming/cheering are the neighborhood onlookers/fans...and Will's friends. :lol:

I admit I have wondered why they left the cheering in becuz it's kinda random. Did someone yell "CUT" and Michael just kept on dancing? :beatit:lol

lol I noticed that too (god we need new music)! it'll be interesting if we have an answer!

I don't think it's the just public, they could take away this sound but keep that, I would like to know if there are a reason about that.

Perhaps Bob Geraldi thought it was interesting. The cheering was most likely added, because it's a music video and there's no live sound anyway. If there was you'd hear the footsteps from the dancing, walking, etc.

oh I dont think the cheering was added it seems so real it's like ppl were there watching at the same time they were shooting!
Thanx for this thread I always wondered that too!!

^^^^^^On a film set, a director is not going to allow a bunch of extras to just start making noise on their own. A music video doesn't have live sound (unless it's recorded from a concert), the music and sound effects are added in post production.

Back