question about Smooth Criminal

moonball29

Proud Member
I can't remember if this was ever talked about, but I'd like to know why Michael used the full lyrics in the video, but not the album version. Was Michael ever asked that, or was a reason ever given for that?

I've also wondered this many times, why there are two different versions of SC, I hope someone can provide the answer!

Michael Jackson is the George Lucas of music. Always changing it. haha.

Michael Jackson is the George Lucas of music. Always changing it. haha.

:lol: Yes we would have seen Mike saying in the 2000s, 'I've decided to release a new version of Moonwalker. Some chances have been made to Smooth Criminal such as cgi-ing in more dancers' lol.

Not sure why there is a different version though.

Wasn't it simply too long for the album? I mean, they had limited capacity back then. I seem to remember I read it somewhere.

I read for sure how Michael had to cut something out of Dangerous and he didn't want to cut anything :) on grearslutz forum there was a thread of people that used to work with Michael.

Wasn't it simply too long for the album? I mean, they had limited capacity back then. I seem to remember I read it somewhere.

I read for sure how Michael had to cut something out of Dangerous and he didn't want to cut anything :) on grearslutz forum there was a thread of people that used to work with Michael.

So this other version for SC is the extended version?

I always wondered why the extra verse that's in Moonwalker wasn't in the original song either. Guess its one of those things we probably won't ever find out.

does there exist a thread about the MEANING of the song? Would love to read about it, but couldn't find one...? it always feels so "wrong", seeing Michael with a gun... just recognized this again while watching the TII movie...

Back